• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oh My God of Fire

anvil

Distant Member
Reaction score
Took out my Robusto GOF to smoke tonight and lo and behold..............the wrapper has been patched up.
Is this the norm for a cigar of this price.
I have cheaper cigars with patches but I am sort of Ok with them, as far as the God of Fire goes I am very disappointed.
I returned the cigar to its cello and coffin and it is back to the Humi for that smoke.

Took out my Robusto GOF to smoke tonight and lo and behold..............the wrapper has been patched up.
I have cheaper cigars with patches but I am sort of Ok with them, as far as the God of Fire goes I am very disappointed.
I returned the cigar to its cello and coffin and it is back to the Humi for that smoke.

I have smoked many GOF's, never had a problem, very strange!
Return it to the vendor.

Brian

I've never had that problem with the GOF either. I did however have that problem with the ESG's. As disappointing as it was, they still smoked the same.

I purchased the GOF 4 cigar sampler. One stick had a label that had been reapplied and two others had damage. All were sealed inside their coffins inside the outer box unopened. I sent them back, and got no guff from the vendor. I had called Promethius first, and they said they would have someone call me back...Its been three months...

I got a box of 10 Carlito Blend GOF and one of them had a section of wrapper that had ripped and folded under on itself. Kinda weird as I've never seen anything like it before. It didn't affect the smoke, but was disappointing nonetheless seeing the damage.

Kinda sucks paying top dollar for these smokes only to have sub-standard issues with them. I smoke a lot of Fuente-made brands, and I've had problems with the WOAM and ESG Churchill having patches.

I am realy surprised to hear about that stuff. I've smoked a few and never seen or felt anything but a top notched cigar.

What did you think of the GOF? My bro in law had one on Saturday, I smoked it and it was quite spicey. Like an overwhelming amount of spice. It was so overpowering that it lost it's complexity that I expected. What are your opinions?

Nine of the ten in the set are very nice quality; rolled very solidly. It's just that one had a tear in the wrapper and pissed me off initially. Didn't look like it occured during packaging, so they should have caught it before shipping.

I am realy surprised to hear about that stuff. I've smoked a few and never seen or felt anything but a top notched cigar.

I thought it was very good, but very similar to an OpusX Robusto (which I also like). Had a roasted pecan flavor to it that I find in Opus Robusto and somewhat less spicy overall. The wrapper on the 2005 Carlito blend Double Robusto is Cameroon, but I wouldn't be surprised if the wrapper difference and having more age was the only difference between it and an OpusX Robusto. Also worth mentioning was the incredible burn; probably the best burning cigar I've ever smoked. Too bad the price is over 2x the Opus Robusto. :(

What did you think of the GOF? My bro in law had one on Saturday, I smoked it and it was quite spicey. Like an overwhelming amount of spice. It was so overpowering that it lost it's complexity that I expected. What are your opinions?

I've had/have the opus and it wasn't anything like an opus. I think it was the GOF Robusto, don't know anything more. The ash wasn't anything spectacular. I beleived this was aged for about 3 weeks in my bro-in laws humi. I wonder if it trasfrd taste from a nearby cigar. I have Forbidden and am concernd it would be like the GOF, which wasn't what I expected. Time will tell.

I have smoked many GOF's, never had a problem, very strange!
Return it to the vendor.

Brian
Yes my thoughts exactly (at Au$57each).
Unfortunatly I pulled it back out of my Humi and had a smell of it and proceeded to destroy it ......... Puff by Puff. And it was Unreal. I don't care about the wrapper I want some more...................................

Hmmm interesting. I have only smoked one, but I actually was struck by how beautiful the wrapper was. Some people think that this is an overrated, overpriced stick, but given the experience that I had with the one that I smoked, I would tend to disagree. However, if I were to have seen this quality issue, I would not be too pleased. I'd say send Mr Herzog an email (sorry I actually don't know how to contact him directly, but I have heard of it being done) if you are not satisfied. It can't hurt to let him know that this is unacceptable for a product that they, themselves seem to regard so highly.