• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ok, I'm ready for this step...

and I've read that its not a good solution, so I'll stay with cups with distilled water inside ;)

I read this some where that a way to get some extra humidity into your humidor is to leave the box open in the bathroom, take a hot shower with all the steam and what not, then close the humidor lid, hopefully trapping some of that steam and moisture vapor.

Of course the water from your tap is not distilled, so I'm not sure how great it is, but hell, its just steam, isn't that what distilled water is? I haven't tried it myself, so I can't accurately account how well this method works.

I would not suggest taking the risk of exposing the humidor to hot steam. You would be exposing ALL of the humidor, inside AND out to the steam. It could ruin the finish.

If you want to increase the free moisture inside your humidor while seasoning, add as many containers of water as you can.

Distilled water is noting but steam recondensed back into a liquid, but without any minerals or other contaminants found in some tap water. Tap water has contaminants like chlorine and flouride among other things which is why you should not use tap in most humidifying devices unless it recommends that you do so.

Its 96 hours since my war has started. In plastic bin I had steady 65%Rh, and in humi 75%-80%
Few minutes ago I've put my sticks in the humi and in next 2 days will see how will Rh move.

Ok, small update.

My humi works very good with The Puck and small cup of water in my dry room.
It keeps steady 65%

No, no, no! You will not make me scared! I will not need a coolerdor ....I hope :whistling:

I think I'll save this post for future referrence :p

um... You know what?
It looks like its too small... :whistling:
I expect few packages now, and really hope there will be enough place for them... :whistling:
And... I'm thinking about the second one... :whistling:

I wonder how many of You also thought that humi will be ok, and after few weeks/month saw that he was not right. :p

Its the LAW Michal. Inventory will expand to fill all available (permanent) space + 10%. In other words, your collection will fill your humi, plus one ziplock/tupperdor. If you use a cooler, inventory will fill the humi, the cooler, plus one ziplock/tupperdor.

Its the LAW Michal. Inventory will expand to fill all available (permanent) space + 10%. In other words, your collection will fill your humi, plus one ziplock/tupperdor. If you use a cooler, inventory will fill the humi, the cooler, plus one ziplock/tupperdor.
Like I thought, its never ending story. :)

Boil some water, pour it in a bowl, then put the bowl in your humi. It works.....

OMG! :laugh:

I'm just picturing this horrified look on Shooter's face!

OMG! :laugh:

I'm just picturing this horrified look on Shooter's face!
You didnt see my face trying to understand how can boiling water and smokes be happy together :p

Boil some water, pour it in a bowl, then put the bowl in your humi. It works.....
with smokes inside?

NO NO NO......just to season it when you first get it.....
Like I thought :)
I'll remember to do it with my next humi :)

Ok Guys, I'll tell You about one more reason why I'm buying this one.

If I'll spend more then 100$ for my new hobby, my fiancee will kill me! And I'm not kidding... :whistling:

ps. Ofcourse I've already spend about 50$ for sticks :whistling:

Well, well, well! Dont be afraid.

If my wife knew that apart from my two (+100stick & +300stick) humidors, there is a converted freezer of about 5 cu ft /125 liters full of cigarboxes she would first castrate me, and then kill me.

Over to you Michal:
She is propably lying to you about her shopping habbits already. When you see her in something new she says "that old rag, i've had it for ages".
So the only sensible thing is to start buying and lying right now and live on the edge....

If I'll spend more then 100$ for my new hobby, my fiancee will kill me! And I'm not kidding... :whistling:

If my wife knew that apart from my two (+100stick & +300stick) humidors, there is a converted freezer of about 5 cu ft /125 liters full of cigarboxes she would first castrate me, and then kill me.

Over to you Michal:
She is propably lying to you about her shopping habbits already. When you see her in something new she says "that old rag, i've had it for ages".
So the only sensible thing is to start buying and lying right now and live on the edge....
+100 +300 and a coolidor? Man, I thought that those kind of cigar freaks are only in US :p

I can tell her that those cigars are old and I have them for 3 months but it will not be that easy with new humi, right?
Or I just can tell her:

"its not aaa new huuumiii hooooney! its just my old toolbox where I put some smokes yesterday... :whistling: "

I think I'll have to have some plan soon, because I'm really going to buy another one... :whistling:

Over to you Michal:

Ditto on that castration, and throw in boiled in oil!! :(

Michal wrote:
+100 +300 and a coolidor? Man, I thought that those kind of cigar freaks are only in US

Peter CCL Its not a coolidor its an old freezer W 60cm* L 60cm* H 85cm all lined with cedar plywwood inside.

Heartfelt 65% beads (thanks Viper) in the bottom, Boxes stacked like a tetris game. All in humis + freezer contain 12-1500 smokes.
Well enough to last my lifetime, but does that prevent me from buying more? Hell no! Stupid as I am I keep reading all these bloody forums and continue to buy smoke by the box.

HELP!!!!

old freezer, or a coolidor, whatever! its big and You put boxes in it, You're a freak! :p ;)

And about buying more and more, its like Bruce wrote:

"Your collection will fill your humi, plus one ziplock/tupperdor. If you use a cooler, inventory will fill the humi, the cooler, plus one ziplock/tupperdor."

:)

old freezer, or a coolidor, whatever! its big and You put boxes in it, You're a freak! :p ;)

And about buying more and more, its like Bruce wrote:

"Your collection will fill your humi, plus one ziplock/tupperdor. If you use a cooler, inventory will fill the humi, the cooler, plus one ziplock/tupperdor."

:)

Well, hanging out on forums like these gives you a very distorted perspective whats normal or not. I cant really understand that there are people out there who do not smoke cigars at all.... Well, I need to stop writing now, they are putting my straight-jacket back on now.