• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ok since I know most of us do not nub every cigar...

butt length of...

• I NUB THEM ALL! (less than an inch)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • up to an inch but not over

• between 1 and 2 inches

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • between 2 and 3 inches

• over 3 inches

• I follow the Winston Churchill method and only smoke half regradless of how good the cigar is

• Depends on the type of cigar... explain in a post please

• Total voters
It all depends on the cigar and where I am. If the cigar is really good I shove in a toothpick and go until I taste the burning wood.

If the cigar is crap I toss it out as soon as I give up on it getting better. I generally keep smoking it until i don't enjoy it any more, some cigars I'll toss when they start burning too hot, and others If I'm down to an inch or two and it's burning real hot, but it tastes real good I modify how I'm smoking it.

An inch or less...
Once I start burning my fingers, it's time to put it down.

It definitely depends on the cigar, time of day, mood etc Shawn.

I can smoke it to the nub, or I can chuck it after one inch.

Brian

Thats why I asked for an Average, Brian. :)

I'll echo some others, it depends entirely on the cigar. Yesterday I tried to smoke a Torano that arrived about a week ago and found it was so wet and unpleasant I only smoked an inch or so before letting it die. On the otherhand, later in the day, I savored a Padron 3000 down to where I needed a toothpick to hold it and got down to about 1/2".

That being said, I find some cigars develop an unpleasant flavor in the 1-2" range and when they become unsavory I put them down.

But as I look at the butts in my overfilled ashtray, I'd say that for me it averages between 1 - 1 1/2".

Usually 1-2 inches , really depends if the cigar is no bueno or gets too hot then to the tray it goes.