• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ok to put humi inside smoking room?

bimmer635csi

Too noob to mention!
I've been searching for 2 days about whether it is ok to store humidors inside a smoking room. I never really found anyone saying that they follow this practice. So I will try a post.

If you have humidor(s), it seems like a bad idea (to me anyway) to store them inside the room you smoke in. However, many B&Ms have walk in humidors and they smoke in the lobby which adjoins the humidor.

Is it just the shear volume of air in the lobby compared to the humidor that makes this acceptable at the B&Ms? Would a very large cabinet humidor in a smallish smoking room be worse, better, indifferent?

Please feel free to hijack this post also. It seems like many people here are moving up to cabinet humidors and smoking rooms. I'd be curious to see how many people with smoking rooms keep humis inside them.

Cheers,
Chris

If your humidor is air tight as it should be, why does it matter if it's in a smoking room? I can understand not wanting to smoke inside a humidor (walk in). But if I was lucky enough to have a smoking room, I can guarantee my humidor would be in it.

I wouldn't have a problem putting my humi in a smoking room. That is just my personal opinion though...not at all based on experience.

I always wondered this myself. Why we never would want to do anything to impair the aroma/taste of our collection yet allowing the smoke from other cigars to settle on them is o.k... even flavored cigars etc while people are smoking them at the B&M at or near the walk in. Who knows.

I have a desktop and wine cooler in my office/smoking room. As brickhouse has mentioned, as long as the seal is tight I don't think it would hurt to the point of concern. I would have some type of exhaust (dual window fan in mine) to be on the safe side. You can always smoke by the fireplace. That's what I do when it's too cold and don't feel like driving to my b&m. :)

My cabinet is in my smoking room. It is sealed and the smoke is exhausted outside. No problems whatsoever.

My cabinet is in my smoking room. It is sealed and the smoke is exhausted outside. No problems whatsoever.

x2

My cabinet is about ten feet from where I smoke. I use an exhaust fan, but noncerns here. :thumbs:

I purchased a 15-count Otter Box from the local B&M. They were stacked on a shelf adjacent to their lounge.

When I took it home and opened it, the foam smelled like it had been used as an ashtray.

Nothing that a quick rinse and air dry couldn't fix but it led me to wonder about the integrity of the box's seal.

Perhaps I'll empty it and submerge it in water to see how tight the seal really is.

I have 4 desktop humidors, a few tupperdors and a coolerdor (with a new one OTW) in my smoking room and so far no issues. Other then way too many choices.

Long live indoor smoking!

Fish

My guess on the Otterbox is that they had it open at some point. The Otterbox's are pretty air/water tight. I actually keep one in my car at all times and smoke cigars while I am driving quite often, and the inside always smells like the fresh cigars that are in there, never like smoke.

Dave