• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Okay....so life took a turn!

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
After posting that life was moving along swimmingly, I now must post a slight derailment.

I am in Key West on the last day of a vacation with a friend and his son who is going in to the Army Special Forces, we brought him down to blow off some steam prior to boot camp.

The first night here, last Wednesday, in keeping with my tradition getting drunk on the first night of a vacation, I rode a mechanical bull and tore my rotator cuff. I had big plans for this spring and summer which are now on hold until the surgery and recovery. At least I manned up and drank my way through the week.....tomorrows flight home to cold weather and surgery will be a wake up call but such is life!

I don't know how someone as intelligent as I am can be so stupid sometimes :D

Intelligence is knowing you are doing something stupid and having balls is doing it anyways!

Well that'll put a damper on the golf game! I hope you get better soon Jeff.

Two of the most infamous "last words".......

".....watch this..!!.."....:p

Take care - B.B.S.

lmao @ mechanical bull , it is not hard at all to see how a guy could end up in this situation

I had a similar experience with too much beer and a mechanical bull in San Felipe years ago.
Get well soon Bro!

Two of the most infamous "last words".......

".....watch this..!!.."....:p

Take care - B.B.S.

Even at my young age, I've learned that saying "watch this!!" will always end in some sort of pain! It's like dooming yourself :p

Take care man, get well soon :cool:

_craig_

I'm sorry but that made me chuckle! Sounds like you're in good spirits and I wish you a speedy recovery. I had an accident in less than awesome fashion recently as well. Makes for good story telling, though!

Sorry to hear this, did anyone say I told you so? If not let me be the first! Here's for a speedy recovery!

Ouch! I hope everything turns out ok for ya, at least you can smoke while in PT!

-Jimmy

Damn - I bet that hurt. (Did you cry in front of everyone? :sign: )

There goes the golf game for this year.

Hope rehab is easy and quick.

After posting that life was moving along swimmingly, I now must post a slight derailment.

I am in Key West on the last day of a vacation with a friend and his son who is going in to the Army Special Forces, we brought him down to blow off some steam prior to boot camp.

The first night here, last Wednesday, in keeping with my tradition getting drunk on the first night of a vacation, I rode a mechanical bull and tore my rotator cuff. I had big plans for this spring and summer which are now on hold until the surgery and recovery. At least I manned up and drank my way through the week.....tomorrows flight home to cold weather and surgery will be a wake up call but such is life!

I don't know how someone as intelligent as I am can be so stupid sometimes :D
Less impressive ways you could of gotten that injury! Way to go!

Hope you get well soon! I had a similar encounter with an iron bull named Fu Manchu at Mickey Gilley's after too much Billy's beer back when I was a youngster. (I know, I'm old!)
laugh.gif

HOW OLD ARE YOU!?!?

:laugh:

Sorry to hear, but as other have said, it made me laugh.

Here's to wishing you a speedy recovery.

G-

Hope you recover quickly, now you know to avoid the bulls.

What's the saying from the 80s movie? Mess with the bull and you'll get the horns. It's something like that.