• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oktoberfest

Ralph

What have you had?

Sam Adams - A little better than last year's offering. Heavier malty flavor.

Harpoon - Not as good as last year. Tried it both on tap and in the bottle and Sam's has got it beat.

Next up, Hacker Pschorr, Dogfish Head Punkin' Ale and Brooklyn Octoberfest.

Just tried the Dogfish Head Punkin Ale at the CT River Brewers Festival last Friday. I can't make any comparisons to the past as this was my first. This is a good beer. I had expected it to be spicier, but I thought it was well balanced, very drinkable.

You HAVE to try the Paulaner Oktoberfest! It's one of my favs now.

The Dogfish is great but the Sam Adams seems a little plain for an Oktoberfest, IMHO of course.

~Mark

ps - stay away from that Sam Adams Triple Bock! Tastes like soy sauce!

hofbrau makes a very good ocktoberfest as well

And yes triple bock tastes like soy sauces (very expensive soy sauce)

If you can get it give troegs mad elf or weyerbachers quad a try

I've had Mad Elf, and it's a great brew, but I think it's more of a Novemberfest. ;)

Also I can't recall if the SA triple tasted like Soy Sauce or not, but I do remember that it was FOUL!

I've had Mad Elf, and it's a great brew, but I think it's more of a Novemberfest. ;)

Also I can't recall if the SA triple tasted like Soy Sauce or not, but I do remember that it was FOUL!
I have a case of each aging since last november.. they are such good beers.

Oktoberfest Bier? Whats that? :whistling:

I thought this was gonna be about the real stuff, not what they sell here. It just ain't the same.

Stick with the Germans (Paulaner, Spaten, Hacker Pschorr, etc). IMHO the American versions can't even compare in the depth of malt flavor.

Stick with the Germans (Paulaner, Spaten, Hacker Pschorr, etc). IMHO the American versions can't even compare in the depth of malt flavor.
Hacker Pschorr, mmmmmmmm!!
Paulaner,mmmmmmmmmmmm!!
Hofbrau, mmmmmmmmm!!
My homebrewed O'fest, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

Spatan?
Isnt that malt liquor?
I have gotten a headache from spatan and dogfish brews everytime.Even after two.
I have some dogfish brews ageing to see if the beer will get better and less tannic with some age so maybe,I wont get headaches from them.
Spatan is on my never buy again list.

I tried the sam adams oktoberfest and was disappointed,not what I was expecting from what I have read from everyone mentioning it.

I did however have a real good one the other week but I forget which one at the moment.

I had the Hacker Pschorr last weekend (a lot of them actually) and I prefer the American versions. It may be a "true" Oktoberfest beer, but I think the American Breweries' Octoberfests are just better tasting beers. They have more body, more malt flavor and they are nicely hopped.

I had the Hacker Pschorr last weekend (a lot of them actually) and I prefer the American versions. It may be a "true" Oktoberfest beer, but I think the American Breweries' Octoberfests are just better tasting beers. They have more body, more malt flavor and they are nicely hopped.

Not even close... come over here and try some from tap, it makes a world of difference.

Not even close... come over here and try some from tap, it makes a world of difference.

Where should we meet up? ;)

For what we can get here in the States, our boys are doing just fine.

Where should we meet up? ;)

For what we can get here in the States, our boys are doing just fine.

Well if you want to hit the Oktoberfest you better fly tomorrow, I'm game if you are lol :thumbs:

And don't mistake my meaning, I've had excellent American beer (I'm from Yuengling country BTW) but Oktoberfest beer needs to be drank out of a liter mug drawn from tap for one to get the true flavor of the beer. Bottled beer just doesn't cut it.

I had the opportunity to go to the opening day of Oktoberfest in Munich several years ago and all I can say is the beer over there taste nothing like what you get here. The beer tents were outstanding with the bands noise and smoke you got to be there to appreciate it. They also make a mean roasted chicken, plus the ladies carrying the steins of beer to your table is a show in itself.

Damn I have always wanted to make it. To bad I am not much on making plans. Spur of the moment guy here.

I had the opportunity to go to the opening day of Oktoberfest in Munich several years ago and all I can say is the beer over there taste nothing like what you get here. The beer tents were outstanding with the bands noise and smoke you got to be there to appreciate it. They also make a mean roasted chicken, plus the ladies carrying the steins of beer to your table is a show in itself.

Make sure you let me know when you want to do it again! I haven't gone in about 6 years now, and its high time to experience the madness once again.

Make sure you let me know when you want to do it again! I haven't gone in about 6 years now, and its high time to experience the madness once again.

:thumbs: