• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Old Beedies.....Safe?

beastinem

So, I found some old beedies (still in the packs) in my garage today.  If I had to guess, I would say they are about 3-4 years old.  They have NOT been stored properly over that time.  Mostly just sitting in a box in a garage.  I am wondering if they are safe to smoke.  I know, it's an oxymoron to ask if it is "safe" to "smoke" something.  But I digress.

I opened one of the packs and examined a few of them.  Anybody that has smoked beedies knows there really isn't much to them to begin with.  But I didn't notice any discoloration or mold of any kind.  They don't have a weird smell.  I am just curious if smoking old dried out beedies poses any ADDED risks.

I knew my old CigarPass buddies would be the ones to turn to for this question :)

Thanks!

I don't think anything can make bidis worse for you. I've smoked some old ones (don't know how old, but fairly certain they were not stored properly) and they just burned really fast and tasted terrible because they were so dried out. Good luck.

Juanote - a type of cigarette native to India (I think) that's tobacco wrapped in some kind of leaf.

I haven't smoked one of those since high school! Smoke one and find out. Aren't they clove cigarettes?

Juanote said:
Thanks Tom, they don't sound that great.
They're really not, lol.  I just got hooked on them while on my first deployment to Saudi Arabia back in 2001.  Now, whenever I deploy, I pick up a few packs.  The good thing is that you smoke one in a matter of minutes and it gives you a good buzz.  At least it does for me since I don't smoke real cigarettes or anything.

beastinem said:

Thanks Tom, they don't sound that great.
They're really not, lol.  I just got hooked on them while on my first deployment to Saudi Arabia back in 2001.  Now, whenever I deploy, I pick up a few packs.  The good thing is that you smoke one in a matter of minutes and it gives you a good buzz.  At least it does for me since I don't smoke real cigarettes or anything.

Do you smoke these like cigars or cigarettes? Meaning, do you inhale the smoke. I have never heard of these

I had a few now and again in college.  You inhale like cigarettes.  They aren't anything worth seeking out.

Haha.. yeah, they pretty much are. First had them in college. Girl I knew introduced me to them. We'd go up to the roof and smoke them. Like Zach said, a real quick,. short smoke. And even though I was a cigarette smoker at that time, smoking them still gave me a stiff nic buzz. There was a little Indian-owned stationary shop near my old job. I figured I'd ask them if they had any, and they did. He kept them hidden away, said something about not being allowed to sell them. From time to time I'd grab a pack. No idea why, just did. But it's been years since I saw them.

Yeah guys, they really aren't worth "seeking out" as Brickhouse said.  Especially considering they are sometimes difficult to find.  Like tomthirtysix said, I am pretty sure most places in the states are not allowed selling them.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

tomthirtysix said:
Haha.. yeah, they pretty much are. First had them in college. Girl I knew introduced me to them. We'd go up to the roof and smoke them. Like Zach said, a real quick,. short

That's what she also said?  :rolleyes: :laugh:

Wow, bidi's, that brings back memories. I remember when they were popular back in 2000. 

Tom - they are actually 3 times or so stronger than cigarettes. I never really cared for them. They're up there with Kreteks. 

I know they are not allowed in for import (customs'll confiscate 'em) and as time went on in Iraq, it became forbidden for US service-members to purchase them.

I have a business partner in India right now and he offered to bring some back for me to try.

Should be interesting to see if he gets them through customs!.  :0

Man, I forgot about these! I tried some in high school in the 1980's  :whistling:

Damn, I used to smoke those back in 1996!  Used to be able to get them from some smoke shops in the area up through college.  Haven't seen them in a long time. Loved them when I smoked them cause you got a good buzz like some of you have said.  Then I realized how much they suck! :laugh: