• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva deal at CigarPage

LarryH

Stogiesaurus
Hi All,

I just ordered this. I get a deal emails from Brad's Deals. They had one posted for a 10 pack sampler of Oliva for $29 + tax and free shipping using their promo code BDPRIME22. Here's the link to the deal.

Link2

I know I like a lot of these so it was a no brainer for me. It should be for just about anyone at 3 bucks a stick!

ETA: The URL works fine when I paste it into Chrome but not from the link above. I'm not sure why.

ETA2: I deleted link and added it back.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I just ordered this. I get a deal emails from Brad's Deals. They had one posted for a 10 pack sampler of Oliva for $29 + tax and free shipping using their promo code BDPRIME22. Here's the link to the deal.

Link2

I know I like a lot of these so it was a no brainer for me. It should be for just about anyone at 3 bucks a stick!

ETA: The URL works fine when I paste it into Chrome but not from the link above. I'm not sure why.

ETA2: I deleted link and added it back.

I post CP links fairly often.. I always assume the links just don't work for me after posting. But oddly, it seems to happen anytime anyone does. Not sure why.

I post CP links fairly often.. I always assume the links just don't work for me after posting. But oddly, it seems to happen anytime anyone does. Not sure why.
Thanks for the confirmation. Something else weird, if I copy the link address and paste it to a new tab it works.

Thanks for the confirmation. Something else weird, if I copy the link address and paste it to a new tab it works.

Yup. And it'll sometimes even show the preview of the page here by just pasting the url.. but it still won't work as a link. Just 3 days ago in Today's Smoke I posted a link to the CP Megilla deal:

Screenshot_20230425-221315_Samsung Internet.jpg

It shows the preview of the link, but if you click it.. nothing. Here's the link to my post in the screenshot:

Click this link to my Megilla post ^^^^^^^^^

Does my Megilla link to CigarPage actually take anyone to CigarPage? I get nothing.

Back in the day some websites would link to popular websites hoping for reciprocity.. it was called hot-linking (you may have heard the term by posting images from other sites, and using their bandwidth to render the image.. we actually do that version here all the time).

When search engine spiders would crawl your meta data the html could help "instruct" them. It, of course, became massively abused (like keyword placement) and now it's something you're penalized for if you try it.

You can embed code into your site that effectively won't render the site if it seems you're trying to hot-link to them. You don't really see it that much these days though since most sites are penalized for trying to hot-link.

But I wouldn't be surprised if CigarPage's site, which is fairly basic design-wise, still has code bouncing hot-links. I'm on my phone now.. I'll take a look at their source code when I get home to a Chromebook. Now I'm just curious...