• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva O Classic Ole

cigardawg

I picked up an Oliva O Classic Ole in Baltimore on Saturday. Just finished smoking it.

Good looking cigar, with a medium-brown wrapper. There was one noticable seam with only minor veins. The pre-light nose was pleasant, smelling of sweet earth and peet. The pre-light draw was a little firm, but nothing to be concerned about.

I had a devel of a time lighting this cigar in the wind. I only had matches and it took me about 4 tries to make it smokeable. Despite the inept lighting, the cigar immediately evened out and started to burn nice. The draw opened up a bit and each pull brought decent, though not huge, amounts of smoked. After about 1/2 inch, the cigar started to burn uneven. I made the decision that since I couldn't keep a match lit, it was just going to have to burn. Amazingly, it finally straightened itself out burned well from then on. The ash was firm and very white. The cigar burned nice and cool and I smoked it down to a nub. Very good construction.

The flavor was medium-bodied and started with some leathery tastes on initial lighting. It quickly morphed into some good coffee flavors and remained that way until the mid-point. There, it picked up a smokey sweetness that seemed to be a bit cloying in the mouth. It ended with the coffee and smokey flavors. Good cigar.

I am a huge fan of the Oliva O Bold and Maduro. This cigar, while nice, did not have the rampant flavors of the other two in the line. It is possible that some of the flavors were lost due to the wind. However, I just didn't get into it as much as the others. Overall, I give this cigar a nice solid B.

thanks for the review, c-dawg.
I've only had the bolds, and found those enjoyable.
seems like plenty of people like the Oliva brand, in general. I need to check more of them out.

MMM oliva :love: Lately I've been smoking the oliva series X very delicious and creamy smoke love the O maduro and will be getting some O bolds soon and now it seems as if I need to try the classics also thanks for the review ok I thank you the budget doesn't but hey budgets are made to be broken :whistling:

Oliva O Maduro (Oasis) is currently on top of my fav daily smoke list.
Just picked up a 5'er of the Bolds and cant wait to try em.
The "Flor de Oliva" was a bit disappointing tho.

Jim

in the 'flor de oliva' lines the regular is my least favorite. i like the boxed cammies and maddies, the bundled maddies and the corojo and gold bundles very much.