• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva Serie O

SewerRanger

Ring Gauge:55
Length:5
Filler:Nicaraguan Habano
Binder:Nicaraguan Habano
Wrapper:Sun-Grown Habano

I got this cigar mainly because it looked neat (I've later learned that Oliva has won a bunch of awards, after smoking this I can see why). I'll admit that's probably not the best reason to buy a cigar but I've chanced upon a couple of good ones based primarily on the criteria that it looked pretty cool in the cigar store and wasn't too expensive - Diablo’s for one, come to mind. After having smoked one of these over the weekend I can say that I made a good choice this time around. The Oliva Serie O was solidly built with a brownish sun grown Habano wrapper on it. The wrapper had a good amount of oiliness but nothing to really write home about. After clipping the end I was a bit concerned because there seemed to be quite a bit of stems in there. Nonetheless, I light her up. I was pleasantly surprised by a very nicely flavored cigar. The initial couple of puffs (before the bulge in the middle was burning) had a very cedary outdoorsy type flavor. The middle portion of the cigar lasted the longest and tasted the best. The cedar flavor mixed with a bit of spicy sweetness - maybe a little hint of pepper here and there. Near the end the peppery flavor started to come out but not so much that it overpowered the cedar and sweetness. There really wasn't any particular flavor that jumped out as the dominant one, but I think that was why I liked this one so much. Everything just sort of mixed together to create a tasty little cigar. The ash was a grayish white and the smoke was about on par for what you'd expect of a "typical" cigar. At only $5/stick and with such a unique flavor profile, these make for great summer BBQ smokes and will shortly be in my regular rotation.

I have never had the "O" natural but have a maduro "O" churchill that has been resting for a while. Was going to take it to the golf course one my opening round. The natural sounds like a solid smoke.

Maybe I'll buy a fiver of the maduro to see what it taste like. I really enjoyed the sun grown.

I just received the maduro version of this cigar today, so I may be able to get a review up soon. I like the perfecto shape, but I like the figurado even more.

I have tried several of the Maduros. After sitting in my humidor for a few weeks, the taste was even better. I typically enjoy with a good cola or coffee.

This afternoon I went to a local shop and bought three cigars. After not having one for 30 years I decided to get back in the game. The gentleman at the shop recommended three and I bought them all. Once home I lite the first one , and was surprise how good it tasted and smelt. So then I decided to do a search on this forum to what you all thought about the Olivia O.
I concur with SewerRanger on his review. Its good to be back. Unfortunately, I paid $8.95 for mine. Guess I need to shop where he does.

This is one of my favorites as well. It never lets me down and at the price it is hard to beat. :thumbs: :thumbs:

This afternoon I went to a local shop and bought three cigars. After not having one for 30 years I decided to get back in the game. The gentleman at the shop recommended three and I bought them all. Once home I lite the first one , and was surprise how good it tasted and smelt. So then I decided to do a search on this forum to what you all thought about the Olivia O.
I concur with SewerRanger on his review. Its good to be back. Unfortunately, I paid $8.95 for mine. Guess I need to shop where he does.
The real deals are buying them on the internet. I think I just got lucky because I bought this one at the liquor store. I just wanted some beer for a BBQ I was going to and I spotted it. It looked so odd ut smelled really good so I decided to give it a shot. I was glad I did.

just ordered another 5er of the maduro today, looking forward to having another.

The Oliva O is pretty good. Give the Oliva G and especially the Oliva V a try. My palate tends to prefer them quite a bit. Amazing smokes for the price as well.