• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva Serie V Figurado

Poronico

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat " Horace "
Oliva Serie V Figurado

PREPARATION
Initial Sniff Test is slightly sweet almost raisin like, with a mild earthiness to it. Removing the cap and testing the draw I get very mild pepper with more earthy notes and an increased hit of sweetness. Draw is flawless...come to think of it, there is really nothing to be displeased about in the construction of this smoke.

LIGHTING
After toasting the foot I get a very nice slightly sweet and kind of leathery earthy hints.

First 3rd
Excellent complexity and quite smooth. The flavor is a bit more full but no hints of bitterness. Very smooth, very flavorful. The draw on this thing is nothing short of perfect with rich clean white smoke. Sweetness increased, earthiness has ducked away but still lets itself be known.

Second 3rd
Flavors have increased and in addition to more complexity hints of spice are creeping in. Earthiness returns and sweetness remains constant.

Conclusion
Burn remained constant all the way to the nub, I even burned my finger! Construction was flawless as stated previously. All in all this cigar was quite a surprise... In the past I haven't really cared for the Oliva Cigars, but I think it was more due to the construction of the Lancero of the "O" series than flavor profiles. The 5 Lancero sticks i picked up were all jammed and un-smokable. I would recommend this stick to anyone as it was recommended to myself by another BOTL. In my newb opinion I would say this stick rates 4/5 stars :)

Great review, I really enjoyed the layout of it, very easy to read and paints a clear picture. Thank you sir! :) I've really liked the Serie V myself, with the lancero vitola taking the lead out of the lineup.

Great review, I really enjoyed the layout of it, very easy to read and paints a clear picture. Thank you sir! :) I've really liked the Serie V myself, with the lancero vitola taking the lead out of the lineup.

I like to think I have a semi experienced pallet with as much cooking I do, but I am no where near some of the more experienced brothers or sisters here. I like to see what I can find in a cigar without over complicating things... at times I have been perusing a CA column and think to myself WTF where were these complexities or were we really smoking the same cigar!? I am glad you enjoyed my first review, hopefully there will be more to come, with pics next time. I compiled most of this mentally while smoking at my B&M in Olympia, but I am pretty sure I covered what I could decipher from this stick.

I like to think I have a semi experienced pallet with as much cooking I do, but I am no where near some of the more experienced brothers or sisters here. I like to see what I can find in a cigar without over complicating things... at times I have been perusing a CA column and think to myself WTF where were these complexities or were we really smoking the same cigar!? I am glad you enjoyed my first review, hopefully there will be more to come, with pics next time. I compiled most of this mentally while smoking at my B&M in Olympia, but I am pretty sure I covered what I could decipher from this stick.

Honestly, I love detailed reviews like those that Greg writes, but at the same time I also really like the short, concise and to the point ones as well. Again, excellent review! :D You should write more of them!

The Figurado's are probably my favorite Oliva V