• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva Serie V Lancero

CRQuarto

Brrraaaiiinnnsss.....
Oliva Serie V Lancero
Size: 7 x 38 rg Pantella
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano Sun Grown
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Strength: Medium - Full

Another beautiful day in Cypress, California, with a decent breeze blowing, but not enough to give me concern that it would affect my enjoying a smoke. I poked around in the humidor, and decided it was time to give my first lancero a try. I've heard quite a few serious smokers say that this is a true connoisseurs size, as it packs a ton of flavor and is longer on the burn time. I usually stick with smokes in the 46 and above ring gauge, so this was a new experience for me. During my initial inspection of the stick, I was impressed with the picture perfect construction. This cigar featured a beautifully done cap, with a flawless, silky smooth wrapper that had a couple light, thing veins running the length of it. The foot was loosely bunched, but the overall feel of the stick was firm with no discernable hard or soft spots. When smelling the foot, I caught a very sweet, spicy scent that was mouth wateringly delicious. I punched the end, skipped the toasting due to the wind, and went straight for a couple long, deep pulls to get the foot burning nicely.

My first few pulls to taste were slow and short, as for some reason I felt the need to sip this cigar. I was greeted right off the start with a delectible array of flavors ranging from a good black pepper, to cinnamon spice, woodiness, coffee bean and toasted breads. They seemed to fade in and out throughout the entire smoke, all in all delightfully complex. The finish was long and tasty, and had me licking my lips constantly. The draw was absolutely perfect, along with a slow, straight burn that revealed a soft, gray ash that held on until let go every inch. This cigar produced huge amounts of smoke that had the strangest scent to it...I am almost afraid to say what it reminded me of. I kept imagining a freshly baked yellow cake! Very odd.

The entire length of this cigar constantly evolved, with the same flavors coming and going. It never got hot or harsh, even down to the nub. I had it go out on me once, but it was probably due to me putting it down too long. Full of flavor, medium on strength, this cigar was everything I love but in a small ring gauge! I am definitely entertaining the thought of picking up a box of these. If you haven't tried an Oliva V, and love lanceros, I would strongly recommend you try this one. Two thumbs up! :thumbs:

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

Great review. The few of these that I have smoked have been really tasty but underfilled a bit.

I smoked one of these not too long ago. Not a bad smoke. Nice review!

Very nice review on a nice cigar.

One of the things I particularly like about the Oliva V Lancero is that as far as lanceros go, it's a pretty cheap stick. Most of the lanceros I see are $9+, but the V Lancero comes in under $6, and it's certainly a quality stick. For a guy who loves lanceros, that's a recipe for success!

WTF is that in your lap, a hyena pup? LOL

I smoked an Oliva V 6x52 (Or close) a week ago. It was okay. Middle of the road smoke.

Nice review though!

Very nice review. Thanks for posting. I am a lancero junkie but have yet to try these, haven't yet come across any fivers, so they are on my to-try list.

WTF is that in your lap, a hyena pup? LOL

I smoked an Oliva V 6x52 (Or close) a week ago. It was okay. Middle of the road smoke.

Nice review though!

LOL, he's on my buddy's lap actually, and he is supposedly a boston/rat terrier mix, but he doesn't look anything like any of the other dogs of that mix. His colors are really wierd. I call him monster, even though his name isn't that.

^^^ I had a dog that looked EXACTLY like that... Brindle colorings, small-ish body, and huge blockhead... his name was samson and he was a pit bull - rat terrier mix. Probably had some heinz57 in there somewhere!!

I had an Oliva V Dbl Robusto and wasn't very impressed... I just made a wish in the wish/PIF thread for a V Lancero so hopefully it'll come true and I can see if I like it any better!

The Oliva Serie V (and the Lancero esp) are some of the best in their price point...Great review :)

~brooks