• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva Serie V Torpedo WOW!

MJL

The day after Thanksgiving I stopped by Mikes Cigars and what do you know they are having a little thing for Oliva Cigars. Well I got handed a free Serie V and a free Serie G. I lit up the Serie V and it was so good I bought a box of the Torpedo. All I can say is WOW! If I had not known what these were I would think I was smoking a Cuban cigar. Oliva has a real winner with these.

DSC_0194.jpg

Try the Lanceros they are very tasty! :thumbs:

Those Serie V are too strong for me, knocked me down. It was either the cigar or this Miami heat that did it, but my guess is it was the cigar.

I'm looking forward to trying these. Seem like a go to smoke for the price and opinions so far. Not to change the subject but I had a LFD premium the other day and it also had some cubanesque flavors that suprised me.

Let us know how these cigars improve with age... if you can wait... ???

Nice score!

mac

I think Christian is the first I've heard anyone say they didn't love these, I have a box of the lanceros and belicosos and agree, they are great smokes.

I just got a box of lanceros, group buy .... Can't wait to try! :thumbs:

Let us know how these cigars improve with age... if you can wait... ???

Nice score!

mac

They are great with three weeks age on them :laugh:
I had already had one before, and knew how good they were. I just couldn't make myself wait any longer. Definitely the best stick for the price. The Double Toro is great too!
B

I'd love to try one of these, I've heard much about them. Anywhere online have singles for a decent price?

EDIT: Found a place with the lanceros for $4.50, picked up a couple. Looking forward to them.

I went looking and ran across this
I don't trust anyone with an earing who hasn't had a ship sunk under him. While I'm on the subject, I bought a box of the Lanceros about a week ago. It's a fine cigar for the money. But, it's rolled soft,gets even softer as you smoke it, has a draw that IMO is too loose, burns hotter than hell if you're not careful and the first half is much better than the second. It's a damn good $4.00 cigar, but lets not get carried away. There's a reason why it's inexpensive.

Doc.

I don't trust anyone with an earing who hasn't had a ship sunk under him. While I'm on the subject, I bought a box of the Lanceros about a week ago. It's a fine cigar for the money. But, it's rolled soft,gets even softer as you smoke it, has a draw that IMO is too loose, burns hotter than hell if you're not careful and the first half is much better than the second. It's a damn good $4.00 cigar, but lets not get carried away. There's a reason why it's inexpensive.

Doc.

:laugh: I was thinking similar things. I couldn't watch more than a couple of minutes of that, I just couldn't get over the earrings and the haircut. Sounds like a good cigar though, I'll have to get a few to try it.

Doc.

Wow Doc, tell us how you really feel. I'm just kidding. I think you're right about these. They are a great value, but the construction could be much better. I've had a hard time finding torps in this line that don't have wrapper issues at the head. I haven't smoked the Lancero, but I'm sure your synopsis of the construction is going to be pretty accurate for the line. They sure are tasty though! I've been meaning to pick up a few more of these. Maybe around Christmas I'll grab 5 or 6 of them.

D

I like the torpedo much better than the lancero. For what its worth though... the torpedo had been resting for 3 months at home in a 65% humi while I smoked the lancero on the way home from the shop...

mac

I just picked up one torp and one lancero at my B&M when I was getting my Opus. Prolly going to torch one of em at the normal Tuesday herf.

Actually, I was skulking around antique malls and cigar shops that day. My dumb luck that I walked into Mike's Cigars and they were having a Oliva event. Mike's lists these cigars as sold out but this box was handed to me by a member of the Oliva family when I showed interest in them. I have smoked a few in the past and they were excellent. I have had a few in my humidor for about the last 6 months that will get smoked this winter. I may write up a review of those when I smoke them. I took this box and put it in my humidor to rest. I may try one in a few months to see how things are going but to be honest I anticipate these being pulled out one by one next winter. I also got an Oliva cigar cutter and a few free cigars for my efforts. I am kicking myself for not staying longer but I was in a damned rush to get to a family event. The rep from Oliva seemed like a really nice guy....not just because he gave me free cigars and produced this box....and wanted to talk to him longer. Well, maybe next time.

DSC_0175-1.jpg