• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva Series G Robusto

Guitar_Gatler

The Dude
I decided to give the oliva cameroons a try despite the "rave" reviews of it's maduro counterparts. I paid quite a bit more than I wanted to for it but, oh well...Anyway, it was a nice cigar for the money.

Before I lit it up I noticed there were quite a few variations in the color of the wrapper. It had a few splotches here and there but nothing too bad. The box press was nice and tight, but had some give to it.

After cutting I didn't really notice anything special about the initial aroma, just a nice soft leathery aroma. The draw was nearly perfect.

The first few puffs were a little harsh but it quickly smoothed out and the first thing that I noticed was a nice floral note with a little bit of a nuttyness to it. The floral nuttyness carried it's way through the first inch or so and didn't really deviate too much.

The second inch picked up with a puff or two of spice every now and then and really hit me with some soft leathery tones over the floral flavors. Every now and then I would get a nice whiff of fruityness along with the floral bouqet.

After the second inch it kind of fell into a rut...not a bad rut, just a very smooth light floral flavor with lots of nuts.

It ended in a very anti-climactic fashion and left me with lots of cedar flavors on my pallete. I was really hoping to get more of a finish out of this one but, that's alright. I smoked it down to about half an inch and towards the end didn't really care that I was smoking it anymore, it really didn't have anything there to make me WANT to keep smoking it. Just hung on with some very indistinct leather and cedar notes. The floral flavors were just barely there and just about dissappeared with the last few puffs.

It got a little hot towards the end and gave me just a tad bit of harshness, but wasn't bad enough to make me want to put it out.

The aftertaste is somewhat pleasant and was really the only thing that reminded me of the cedar flavors.