• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva

c1garfan

Oliva

Serie V

Brethren,

After hearing great things about this smoke I was eager to try the Serie V. This was a great looking cigar. Very dark brown wrapper with light oils present. Very firm to the touch with a sweet tobacco scent. I clipped the cap and lit 'er up.

From the Oliva site - Serie V is a complex blend of Nicaraguan long filler tobaccos. Blended with specially fermented Jalapa Valley ligero, and finished with a high priming Habano Sun Grown Wrapper.

The initial flavors were quite good. I would agree on the rich coffee and dark chocolate tones. Unfortunately this cigar was very short lived. Around the halfway mark it became so plugged the cigar was un-smokable. I did my best to get the cigar to draw but was unable. Sadly I had to put her down. What I did get out of it was very good. Every now and again you get a dud. I will have to pick up another.

Not sure why but CP wont allow pic upload. Anyone know why?

How are you going about trying to upload the pics??

I wasn't impressed with the Serie V Dbl Robusto I had but the lancero was very nice!

Have a Series V torpedo sitting in my humidor. I want to light her up, but have not been able to bring myself to do so yet. It is a beautiful looking cigar. I have to say though that I have not been a fan of the O's or Masterblend IIIs, but I love the Series G. Glad that they are an inexpensive smoke.

I can get the lanceros here for about 5 bucks a pop...I smke quite a bit of them, I know people who are not fans of domestics and will smoke these...bottom line is the Lancero is the only size I have tried I like.

I love the V's. Have a box of Double Robusto in the cooler right now. The only issues I have ever had with this line is the Torpedo's. Just about every one I smoke gets badly plugged as yours did also. You should try anouther size and see what you think.

Mike

Ive tried the dbl robusto, the belicoso, the torpedo and the lancero. All good quality and tasty. I like the lancero and the torpedo the best. I had had no draw issues with these.

The Series O perfecto has been a favorite of mine for a couple of months now. I'll have to try this one.