• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

One Day I Have to Pull the Trigger....

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
I've been shopping outdoor pizza ovens in every variety to the point I'm confused over what to buy. As much as I like my grill, a dedicated pizza oven seems so cool! From the back deck to tailgating, seems like a must have....in the frivolous world that is. 

Anyone own one or have any ideas?

This months addition to the possibilities....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9kP0HytbiFA

I can't offer any advice on pizza ovens as I don't have one. I dream of having one, but it is still a little ways off. I can recommend a decent pizza forum with tons of information. It is pizzamaking.com. You may find some opinions on that oven there. Good luck!

I use my Kamado grill with a pizza stone with great results, gets up to about 600 degrees easily and cooks them perfect.

I use my BGE, I can hit 750 degrees which works wonders for thin crust NYC style pizza.  Most coal ovens are about 900 and the electric ones do 500-550 so I'm happy.  Probably not good for tailgating though.

My neighbor has a Blackstone Pizza Oven. It seems to do a pretty good job.

duglynukem said:
My neighbor has a Blackstone Pizza Oven. It seems to do a pretty good job.

That's the direction I was going until there were a few issues with the turntable. My theory was to wait until they did an upgraded model that fixed these issues...then all these other models started coming out!
Thumper68 said:
I can't offer any advice on pizza ovens as I don't have one. I dream of having one, but it is still a little ways off. I can recommend a decent pizza forum with tons of information. It is pizzamaking.com. You may find some opinions on that oven there. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip...I'm going to definitely check it out  :thumbs:

For you Weber Kettle folks out there looking to create a pizza oven...

http://youtu.be/eGkE_5B_Jco

They didn't cook it enough! Not surprising, most folks eat raw pizza and don't know it.

Doc

I'm a pizza obsessive and contributor in the forums at pizzamaking.com , and would second the Blackstone as a well tested, stand-alone option for pizza. I built a "Little Black Egg" (LBE) for cooking neapolitan style pizzas, and its awesome. The Blackstone is the manufactured version of the LBE if you're not into DIY. I've seen Groupon offers for Blackstone as well, so you could luck out.