• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

One Hit Wonders

Horse

Member 200
Seeing another 'one hit wonder' poster in the 'Marketplace' of the board made me think of the One Hit Wonders in music. Gee, I have no idea why. :lookup:

Anyway, when you think of a One hit wonder, who (or what song) do you think of?

Mine is Zager and Evans, "In the Year 2525" hit #1 in 1969 and then they disappeared.

I actually though Dido would go somewhere,I like her first song...but looks like she's fallen into that relm.....

Dexy's Midnight Runners - 'Come On Eileen'
Vanilla Ice - 'Ice Ice Baby'
Natalie Imbruglia - 'Torn'
Zager & Evans - 'In The Year 2525'
Don McLean - 'American Pie'
A-Ha - 'Take On Me'
Sir Mix-A-Lot - 'Baby Got Back'
Chumbawumba - 'Tubthumping'
Norman Greenbaum - 'Spirit In The Sky'
Toni Basil - 'Hey Mickey'

Strawberry Alarm Clock, 'Insense and Peppermint' :sign:

I'd have to take issue with a couple of the ones on your list, Sam. Natalie Imbruglia has done some good work other than Torn, it's not even the best song on that album. Although I suppose you can argue that she hasn't really had any other big hits (not that that's a bad thing, imo :) ). And Don McLean had other hits besides American Pie. There was Vincent and Castles in the Air. Neither was anywhere near the hit that American Pie was, but not many songs were. The rest I completely agree with, in fact Dexy's Midnight Runners was going to be my contribution but you beat me to it.

Nena (of 99 Red Balloons fame)
J Giles Band
Glass Tiger
Powerhouse
Wang Chung