• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

One Year Anniversary

junkman_56

cigar smokin' caver
It’s hard to believe I have been here a year already. It seems like only yesterday I made my first post.
In that post I made a classic newbie mistake and asked about a specific vendor.
MMM schooled me regarding this and gave my first bit of advice about CP (and the best); read more, type less.

Since then I have learned a lot about cigars. When came to the board I had only been smoking cigars for a couple of years. I had a small 25 count humidor stocked with a few medium priced smokes. Man, how my tastes have changed over the last year. Now I’m smoking Arturo Fuente, Padrón, Gurka and all manner of ISOM’s. After one year, I have a 120 count humidor that is packed to the gills and am thinking about making the jump to a coolidor.

As a newbie, walking into a cigar stores humidor can be quite intimidating. There are just so many cigars to choose from and you have very little idea of what to try. That is what brought me to CP initially, just trying to get information about cigars. This place has been a great resource, but has also lead me down the path to the dark-side. Along the way I have met some great folks, both online and in person. I smoke alone most of the time and don’t have a lot of interaction with other cigar smokers. This board has introduced me to other like minded individuals. The more I hang around I realize that CP is more about the community of cigar smokers than about the cigars. I believe this is why FOGs are so willing to defend this place. The emphasis here is on community not just cigars.
This is a great place the hang around.

Thanks to everyone on the board for all their help and advice over the past year. I look forward to many more years here.

To all newbies:
Read more and type less.
Enjoy your time here and remember you are a guest here in Rod’s house, don’t piss on the carpets.

junkman_56 said:
Enjoy your time here and remember you are a guest here in Rod’s house, don’t piss on the carpets.
[snapback]280952[/snapback]​

Then how are we supposed to mark our territory? :sign:

Congrats on the 1 year.

Congrats on the Anniversary! Lots of Noobs to train now that you have some understanding.

Congratulations on the year, Carl! It's good to have you here. :thumbs: