• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

One you don't ask too often....

Rob_k

If it ain't Scottish...it's crap!
What is the best way to keep squirrels from ruining and over running a bird house? I would use my sentry gun, but right now it only exists when I am playing Team Fortress 2. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Rob

What is the best way to keep squirrels from ruining and over running a bird house? I would use my sentry gun, but right now it only exists when I am playing Team Fortress 2. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Rob

22lr or and strong pellet gun rp

i224838sn01.jpg

Works pretty well for me :whistling:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...equestid=116234

I have seen a sqirrel proof bird house which i assume works as i have no way to know. Try to see this in your mind, a support line that goes through the center of a funnel and supports the funnel and the bird house which is below and under the inside radius to the funnel. The squirrel will try to come down the string but have to get past the outside radius of the funnel which will tip to one side and fall to the ground. My friend had one but i never saw it in action. Hope this helps. :cool:

If you're going to feed the birds you must resign yourself to feeding the squirrels. I've tried all that stuff and none of it works, for very long. Personally, I have had more trouble with mourning doves. They're freekin' pigs with wings. Tasty, though.

Doc,.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Simple, really.

Hot pepper. Cayenne. Squirrels learn to leave it alone. birds don't really notice.

Adopt a retired greyhound. Just make sure the prey drive isn't too high or you won't have any birds left either. One of ours will run birds down and take them out of the air.

In the alternative, (and one that doesn't require such an extreme commitment) a mechanized squirrel flinging feeder works pretty well and provides endless entertainment. My dad has one and he thinks it's the bee's knees. It's a bit of a battery hog though. LINK (be sure to watch at least one video).

Adopt a retired greyhound. Just make sure the prey drive isn't too high or you won't have any birds left either. One of ours will run birds down and take them out of the air.

In the alternative, (and one that doesn't require such an extreme commitment) a mechanized squirrel flinging feeder works pretty well and provides endless entertainment. My dad has one and he thinks it's the bee's knees. It's a bit of a battery hog though. LINK (be sure to watch at least one video).

I have a bird dog...english springer and a boston terrier....when the see them, they give chase. Thanks for all the suggestions, I am going to implement Moki's idea, that is the best one yet. Thanks Andrew.
Rob
375282499_rXoAK-M.jpg