• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Online vs B&M purchases

You have to at least part time buy from your B & M, otherwise it will go away.  And that would be a shame!

broblues said:
You have to at least part time buy from your B & M, otherwise it will go away.  And that would be a shame!

Couldn't agree more. We used to have three local cigar shops in town (I live in the NW Suburbs of Chicago). There are none out here now. It takes me at least 35 minutes to get to a reasonable cigar shop that isn't classified as a cigarette or tobacco store. I tend to purchase online mainly, but If I need a quick stick or don't want to use my good stuff, i'll run to the shop. There are still a few rare gems left. A quick recommendation, If anyone ever gets out to the Wisconsin Dells, they have an awesome cigar shop which has been around since 1997. Came across it this weekend.

I have a b&m close by that I frequent and another not so close that takes very good care of me too. Keystone Raider (Jim) and a couple other CP online retailers do a nice job as well. So a healthy mix keeps everyone happy.

If you do decide to buy online, do NOT post about it here if you have a bad experience, even if you just want to warn folks, because members will come out of the woodwork to give you a 'you deserve it, always support local B&Ms'. They get bored on here I guess and some folks aren't too kind to the noobs sometimes.

No need to light me up fellas, just trying to warn the guy. ;)

Matt Rushmore said:
If you do decide to buy online, do NOT post about it here if you have a bad experience, even if you just want to warn folks, because members will come out of the woodwork to give you a 'you deserve it, always support local B&Ms'. They get bored on here I guess and some folks aren't too kind to the noobs sometimes.

Especially if you're cheap and trying to save less than $1.75/stick

Cheese and rice dude.  If all you're going to do is post butt-hurt posts, then just go away.  This is a wonderful community who gives honest input, both good and bad.  If you're not mature enough to handle that, then go find another forum where negative posts are removed and all you ever hear is positive things.  It's getting tiresome.

Kind to Noobs? There's a novel thought.

Doc

tomthirtysix said:

Wrong again TomThirtySixTwoCents! :0 Wasn't it saving $8.75 for a box of fifteen cigars that Matt Rushmore was whining about here?

MilesMingusMonk said:

Wrong again TomThirtySixTwoCents! :0 Wasn't it saving $8.75 for a box of fifteen cigars that Matt Rushmore was whining about here?

Even better. 60c a stick!

It's funny that in a state where the cigar tax is 75% and the state sales tax is 8% on top of that, I do most of my buying from my local B&M's. Also in with a tax as high as it is, I'm lucky to have no less then six B&M's within twenty minutes of me.

I don't buy boxes much these days. Maybe an occasional bundle, and that I get form an online retailer, but that's rare. 

tomthirtysix said:

Even better. 60c a stick!

Well, $0.5833.  Repeating of course.

Matt Rushmore said:

Why? Where?

There are a lot of posts about bad online experiences.