• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Onyx Reserve #4

SFG75

Master-passer
The last two weeks have been really busy for me, I haven't had a chance to escape to enjoy a good cigar for quite awhile now. Between the kids and work, I'm at wits end. :p I bought a box of these from CI about two months ago and they've been sitting wonderfully in my coolidor, just begging for me to break 'em out. :) These cigars are pretty much a staple in everyone's collection, and I just can't help but post about this. I'm not certain if it was truly that excellent or if it was me just thrilled to have time to smoke a cigar. ;) It was a brisk 45 degrees outside, but that did not dampen an awesome smoking experience!. The draw was just excellent, great burn, and of course-awesome taste. Average blue tinted smoke and it lasted wonderfully all the way down to my fingers. Never noticed before, but the aftertaste is one of the better ones that I've had. Having not smoked one in a long time, I can hardly remember what it was like. I also forgot that the wrapper has a ruddy look to it. I've read one author state this cigar has a "stale" taste, but I would say it's more. . . . like a cigar. :D Very specific I know. :rolleyes: As a drink, I had folgers dark roasted coffee with coffee-mate cinnnamon flavoring. I was outside for a good 50 minutes. The size of the #4 is ideal for when you need to step outside for a little bit before checking on supper or something like that.

Anyone else out there an Onyx fan? :thumbs:

LOVE Onyx's. I've had that 'stale' taste in one box, but normally is pretty creamy, with some nice deep, dark chocolate undertones. I think some people overlook these babies, but I used to always keep a box in my humi's.

Nice review!

:cool:

PICT0047.jpg

Need I say more?

Nice review. Yes sir! I love 'em too :thumbs: . I got a box of mini belicosos. I tried one, fell in love and had to have a box. I have never had a #4. Is there much difference in terms of flavor in the various vitolas?

Seizure-you keep posting thos Onyx pictures and I'm going to have to rob ya. :p

Swifty-I will buy more and let ya know. ;)

Nice review... Looks like I'll have to add one of these to my cart the next time I'm at the local shop.

I use to love the mini belicoso. Haven't had one in a while but after reading this thread it may be time to visit an old friend.