• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Onyx Robusto & JdN Shortie

vewyphishy

The Original Smoking Fish
YUCK YUCK YUCK.

I've had these in my humi for a while. Thought I'd step away from the "safe" stuff and venture out. I started with a Joya de Nicaragua Shortie. It had an appealing look to it. A tiny little smoke, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. Damn, was I wrong. From the moment I fired it up until I tossed that thing into the bushes, it burned hot and tasted like feet soaked in pepper sauce. I don't know what was wrong with it. I've had peppery cigars before, but this one was ridiculous. I smoked it for about 5 minutes and just couldn't take it anymore. My mouth was on fire and I had to douse the stick. One of the worst experiences I've had, for sure.

After 10 minutes of recovery time, I decided to fire up an Onyx Reserve Robusto. I've heard good things about Onyx so I tried it. This one wasn't nearly as bad. But then again, smoking a branch from a dead tree probably wouldn't have been as bad. Nevertheless, I think this one suffered greatly from the weather conditions. It was about 40° outside with a nice gusting wind. The burn was even, but the draw was tight. Perhaps my tastebuds were shot to sh!t from the previous cigar because I couldn't really taste this one at all. After about half way through, I just gave up and doused this one too.

Not really much of a review for these two. This seemed more like a recap of the experience. Regardless, I didn't like these very much. :(

Onyx Reserve -- Yuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm!
I don't know - I love these nice dark smooth sticks - sorry you didn't have a good one. Maybe it was from the taste of the JdN still in your mouth (no comments :sign: )

I agree with the Captain, you need to give the Onyx another chance! It was definitely theJdN that screwed you up.

Back