• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ooops

denverdog

Not now chief, I’m in the F**kin zone.
Well I made a tiny little mistake tonight and left a glass of red wine next to my laptop and blackberry while I was doing a little work. I got up to go into the kitchen and check on dinner, the kids decide to wrestle a bit and there you have it... Two dead piles of circuitry. I didn't see any smoke from the laptop so I am hoping a night to air out and the hour I spent blow drying it will pay off. Of course I was upset with the kids at first but had to apologize as I am the dumbass that left it out prime for an accident. Damn long stem glassware, I am going stemless... :sign:

Stemless rocks when you have kids!

I work with a girl who lost her Crackberry at one of our service events. Funny thing is, it wasnt lost meaning it couldnt be found, it was in plain sight all the time. But, it did fall into a porta john!! I tried to talk her into getting it, but she declined!! :whistling:

I have walked that fine line before my self, and have yet to get burned hope all turns out well. :thumbs:

Well I made a tiny little mistake tonight and left a glass of red wine next to my laptop and blackberry while I was doing a little work. I got up to go into the kitchen and check on dinner, the kids decide to wrestle a bit and there you have it... Two dead piles of circuitry. I didn't see any smoke from the laptop so I am hoping a night to air out and the hour I spent blow drying it will pay off. Of course I was upset with the kids at first but had to apologize as I am the dumbass that left it out prime for an accident. Damn long stem glassware, I am going stemless... :sign:

OMG!!! ...... they spilt the wine?!?! :0 , what a waste of good wine. Please don't tell me they also broke the Riedel as well, I can't take anymore.

:sign:

:cool:

Ouch! If you can clean the inside area that was exposed to the wine with q-tips and denatured alcohol that might help. I'm not sure about this red wine but dried beer (and moist dust I hear) can remain conductive on a pcb board. :blush:

Stemless rocks when you have kids!

I work with a girl who lost her Crackberry at one of our service events. Funny thing is, it wasnt lost meaning it couldnt be found, it was in plain sight all the time. But, it did fall into a porta john!! I tried to talk her into getting it, but she declined!! :whistling:

I can see how this would play out
pics-outhousediving.jpg

If the laptop was off. And... If the wine is fully dried before you turn the laptop back on. You may escape with nothing more than sticky keys. I used to repair Smell laptops for a living. Wine is definately better than soda.

If the laptop was off. And... If the wine is fully dried before you turn the laptop back on. You may escape with nothing more than sticky keys. I used to repair Smell laptops for a living. Wine is definately better than soda.
The laptop was on but went dead right away. I immediately tipped it and let it drain while blow drying it. That and letting it air out all night seems to have done the trick. Other then a really sticky keyboard so far so good this morning....