• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Open Carry

Concealed carry is the better option. If stopped by the fuzz let them know you have a weapon on you.

There is no question that concealed is the better option. I was just wondering if anyone on here open carried, since I am not a member of that forum. Looks like that would be a no, but a lot of people have CCW's.

There is no question that concealed is the better option. I was just wondering if anyone on here open carried, since I am not a member of that forum. Looks like that would be a no, but a lot of people have CCW's.

I opened carried for about 1 1/2 months. But that was for the sole purpose of adjusting to the weight. You have no idea how much trouble you can get into when you open carry. I will give you an example and if you think I am bull shitting you, contact a lawyer and ask them.

So its legal to Open Carry in Michigan. For example purposes only: You strap on a Springfield XDM 9mm which is the 19+1 rounds. You have a neighbor that doesn't like you. Never crossed words or anything either. So you are working out in the yard and your neighbor is outside and there is not a single soul other than you 2 out in the back. Naturally you have a chain link fence in between your yards. You just happen to give him a snotty look like you are better than he is.

He goes in side. Next thing you know the cops are knocking on your door. The arrest you on the basis of Unlawful use of a Weapon. The neighbor told the cops you pointed your gun at him. Does he need absolute proof? Nope...the cops take him at his word. You are now facing a Felony charge. The Prosecutor believes your neighbor and proceeds with the case. Eventually its dropped to a lesser charge and you accept it.

I have been in handcuffs over ignorant people. Both of them incidents was told by jack asses and completely lied to the cops. Naturally the cops believe them and thus I am the criminal. Guilty until proven innocent. So when I speak, I'd suggest you listen. Just don't open carry. Unless you really want to see how paranoid people are and see whats it like in a County jail or prison, you are best in avoiding it.

I know...Been there, done it before. Just because the law says you can, doesn't mean someone can not tell a story and have you arrested on word alone. Without proof either. I am living proof this shit can happen without proof. If you really want to read about it all, search the forums and you will read a story of a lifetime. None of its made up either. The crazy bitch searched me on the web and I was told by the Judge that I can not post anything about her at the time. Even though I did not use any names or addresses, I had a gag order placed on me.

You can open carry here in OH, but I prefer to conceal carry. I don't want the criminals knowing who has a gun. Keep 'em guessing :thumbs:

I agree but Ohio's CCW law being the most convoluted in the USA it makes you think about open carry. Leave it to Ohio :angry:

Some will remember the incident I went through answering my door with a gun. It was a long process which started in Nov 2006 and finally ended in July 2007. I speak from personal experience when it deals with guns. The gist of it was this. A girl pounded on my door like a maniac. I couldn't identify who it was so I grabbed my revolver. She called the cops saying I threatened her and the whole 9 yards. I was arrested and charged with Disorderly Conduct.

A week later they dropped the charges and issued a Unlawful use of a Weapon charge. The cops never took the guns and they had 3 chances to do so. I mean after all it is evidence right? The last chance they had was when I asked to be released on my own word and told the Judge they could have the City Cops or the Sheriff's Department come in to confiscate them till it was all settled in court.

After all that time and 8 days in a Prison Medical Ward, they dropped the charges down to Disturbing of the Peace and I paid the fine. I could have fought it but I didn't want to give the Prosecutor a chance to pull a rabbit out of his ass.

Moral of the story...Just get a Concealed Carry Permit and eliminate any chances of finding out how retarded the system really is or the population.

Glad it all worked out for you Loren. It actually sounded like at worst a disturbance (likely her), but all is done and over now.... Except perhaps a civil suit? :whistling:

I used to open carry here in AZ. Now with nervous Californians and criminals wanting to steal my gun, I conceal any chance I get.

My personal feeling is that you should get a cpl and conceal. People get jumpy when they see a gun. Even if it's holstered, if it's not next to a cop's uniform, it makes people jumpy. Most of the open carry laws are written so that if you brandish the gun or "carry it in a threatening manner" there will be a problem. I personally think it is not worth the hassle of dealing with God knows how many trips from the police. Especially with people who are wildly inaccurate in their reports because they, for some unearthly reason, are afraid.

I'm not saying I like the fact, but people are idiots, and we have to deal with that.

Carry concealed. My 2 cents.