• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

opinions and questions

jailbait

the humi that i'm watching.

SD_ESC0404_WALNUT_OPEN-a.jpg

So has anyone had any dealings with this model?

My question(s) are:
i'm assuming those two black things on the sides of the hydrometer contain some sort of foam? could i pull those out, and replace with beads? will the beads leak down onto the cigar if placed inside of them? and if i get the 65% beads will i need to upgrade the analog hydrometer with a digital one? or will i be good to go for a while?

My question(s) are:
i'm assuming those two black things on the sides of the hydrometer contain some sort of foam? could i pull those out, and replace with beads? will the beads leak down onto the cigar if placed inside of them? and if i get the 65% beads will i need to upgrade the analog hydrometer with a digital one? or will i be good to go for a while?

I don't know anything about the humi itself although it looks very nice. The black things do indeed contain foam, and I would immediately replace them with beads.As long as you dry off the outside of the bead case you'll have no leakage onto your cigars. Next you should absolutely get a digital hygrometer and I'd recommend an adjustable one for accuracy. It has nothing to do with the beads since they are pretty much idiot proof. It's just that the Digital hygrometers are accurate and the analogs are typically anything but.

Good luck with your humi, and definitely post pics when you fill it up.

My question(s) are:

I don't know anything about the humi itself although it looks very nice. The black things do indeed contain foam, and I would immediately replace them with beads.As long as you dry off the outside of the bead case you'll have no leakage onto your cigars. Next you should absolutely get a digital hygrometer and I'd recommend an adjustable one for accuracy. It has nothing to do with the beads since they are pretty much idiot proof. It's just that the Digital hygrometers are accurate and the analogs are typically anything but.

Good luck with your humi, and definitely post pics when you fill it up.

what he said, plus buying two. If you stay with this hobby that thing will last a month at the very most. :laugh:

David

Took me three months to go from my Humi to the cooler..so that's about right.

That should be our next contest... :D

Took me three months to go from my Humi to the cooler..so that's about right.

That should be our next contest... :D

Sounds about right to me..

Took me about 3 months to go from my 250 count to a cabinet.

I have that exact humidor for my desktop unit. Mine keeps a good seal and, as mentioned above, you will need beads and a digital hygro.

If you get it for that price (apprx. $68) you'll be getting a good deal. I think I got mine for a bid of around $120 a year ago.

Just take the foam out of the black humidifiers, and put a stocking full of beads in each of the humidifiers. I did the same thing to mine and love the idea of them hanging out of the way. I've had no problems with the beads falling out of the stockings and onto my cigars. Use heartfelt's website to determine amount of beads (70%), and always get a digital hygrometer. Best of luck, to ya!

Derek

I almost bought this one last week. I went to see it in person and it's very nice. However, I felt I didn't need the 2 drawers and would rather have a larger humi with that space. So I bought the 300 count from Tampa Humidor for $149 less 10% just for being a nice guy :)

Definetely get a digital hygrometer. The analog ones suck and an honest salesperson will tell you that. Mine isn't even within 10% of the accurate RH. The guy at TH told me the analog ones are just for looks basically, and mine is external and DOES look good. I purchased a cheap digital one from Walmart for under $8 and salt tested it. It was almost dead on, teetering between 74 and 75% humidity.

I have had my humi for 4 days now, waiting on my beads to come so I can stick them in.

Good luck with it, if you choose this one, I think you will be happy.

I have that exact humidor for my desktop unit. Mine keeps a good seal and, as mentioned above, you will need beads and a digital hygro.

If you get it for that price (apprx. $68) you'll be getting a good deal. I think I got mine for a bid of around $120 a year ago.

are the drawers closed off? or are they on the same humidification level as the main compartment? ie: do i need to put beads in each drawer?

the bottom will be used for mine and my brother's flavored cigars (kuba kubas). everything else is mine.

and can i go ahead and start seasoning it? or do i need to wait on my beads to get here?

are the drawers closed off? or are they on the same humidification level as the main compartment? ie: do i need to put beads in each drawer?

the bottom will be used for mine and my brother's flavored cigars (kuba kubas). everything else is mine.

and can i go ahead and start seasoning it? or do i need to wait on my beads to get here?

If I'm not mistaken, the drawers are for your accessories, and do not create a seal when closed. That's why I didn't get this model. I didn't need 2 full drawers for lighters, cutters, ect.

NO!!!!!

Don't put flavored in with your cigars they will ruin everything!!!!

so the cigars are just stacked on top of each other? if that's the case, i'm probably going to pass. i don't want to have to dig through that many just to find the one i want. i wanted to be able to organize them a tad.

so the cigars are just stacked on top of each other? if that's the case, i'm probably going to pass. i don't want to have to dig through that many just to find the one i want. i wanted to be able to organize them a tad.

This is the one that I just got:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=53123

It has 2 large trays that allow you to do all the organizing that you want. Then it has 3 large spots in the lower part to keep your bulk stuff.

so i emailed them about the drawers to get confirmation. if they aren't sealed, i'm going to pass and either save up for a nice 300 count or modify a piece of furniture in my spare time.

The drawers are not part of the sealed humi. They just provide you with a place for storing accessories, as mentioned above. I keep my lighters, butane, draw poker ond other items there.

Edit to add: After looking at the pic again, I see that this one is a bit different than mine. Mine has two drawers, side-by-side, on the very bottom level. Not the two drawers one on top of the other as shown in that pic. Looking at the pic again, it appears as though they might be himidified. My drawers are lined with felt -- the ones in the pic appear to be unlined cedar.

It's a nice looking humi. It looks like some of the humis I have seen on line. Definitely replace the foam packs with beads ASAP. You will be happy you did