• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opinnions on this humidor

Ttison

It's 100 count with cherry finish. Spanish cedar removable tray with divider. Additional divider in the bottom. Measures 13.5" W x 10" D x 6.5" H. It's made by Bally and it's $48 bucks plus S&H. Im thinking about purchasing it and need some oppinions on whether or not its a good box.

I've seen that humidor. Its a great piece and that is an awesome deal! I am partial to the glass top and external hygrometer so this box caught my eye from the beginning. Depending on where you are getting it from though, you might want to be careful. I've seen two different versions of the same box. One had slightly thinner walls than the other and the seal wasn't as tight. All in all I would say it is a great buy, especially at the price you found, just be prepared to want to upgrade to a 600 count humidor/coolidor because it is a slippery slope.

Hahah thanks man and im buying it from amazon probably because rod suggested I go look there for one.

Lots of threads around here about problems with glass top humidors. Seal problems, more sunlight getting in which means more heat, plus that hygrometer on the front is as good as useless.

Stay away from the glass top humidors for all the reasons tomthirtysix mentioned. Plenty of good ones out there for a reasonable price.

What about this one?
<p class="content">
41V8R3UB4rL._SS500_.jpg

• Holds up to 120 cigars.
  • 2 Adjustable Spanish Cedar Dividers.
  • Large Cedar Removable Tray.
  • High Gloss Rich Mahogany Finish.
  • 15"W x 10"D x 6-1/2"H

Sure...see if Rod or one of the vendors is having a sale on it....don't forget BEADS!

I'm only going to be selling small items on CP for now. No more store (at least not for the time being). If anyone needs a cabinet humidor, I can hook you up.

Ttison - that looks like a good one. Like the others have said, stay away from the glass top humidors. As long as it's made by Quality Importers, you're getting a good unit.

Yeah I was trying to figure out where to look in order to see if it's a quality importer.

Send me the link. By the description and looks, I am almost positive it is a QI product.

I think everyone has a humi similar to those you've shown...great beginner humis.

A few well-placed dividers and you can fit ~100 cigars.

Take out that analog hygro; a round digital unit should be a direct replacement.

The humidifier can still be used. Take out that foam and replace with a pantyhose bag of Heartfelt beads. I went as far as to drill several holes front and back in my humidifier to appease OCD. The small tubes of beads work very well when space is an issue (buy from Heartfelt or make your own).

Whatever you do, make sure it seals well before you use it. No bueno seal: send it back. You'll thank yourself. :thumbs:

Thanks for the advice man! I was looking at quality importers humis because rod told me those were some good ones but ill take a look at the hearfelt.

I have several glass top humidors and I find them to be quite nice. The seals are great. Of course you have to buy a better hygrometer and you can look through the glass to see the RH and temp without opening it.

I have this humi, its tip top. The hygro is pretty close to useless, but then again I would have gotten a digital hygro no matter what. It seals fine. Imho, to much emphasis is put on the sunlight deal. I don't think many people place their humis near a window and unless yoouve got crappy windows (like I did, but replaced all my windows), it shldnt be a big deal. Just my opinion. The glass does give a sweet look and provides visibility inside without opening. Its a good convo piece on a sofa table, so I wouldn't ness strike it out. I say if your going to go with quality import product, go with your preference in looks, bc they make good products..

keep in mind that hygrometer pops out, leaving a big gaping round hole in the front, so if the hygrometer doesn't fit well I imagine there will be air leaking around that area. You can always put some silicone to help seel it even better.