• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus Aging

tsmckenney

Mick
I picked up a Belicoso today at Stogies on Grand. How long should I let this sucker sit in the humi before lighting up? That is the question. I did a search to find some suggestions, but didn't come back with anything.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks all,

ts

If you don't smoke it now, you will never know if you like them to make it worth your time saving any more. :thumbs:

I picked up a Belicoso today at Stogies on Grand. How long should I let this sucker sit in the humi before lighting up? That is the question. I did a search to find some suggestions, but didn't come back with anything.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks all,

ts

I'll let the nappy headed opus ho's answer this one in more detail (because i don't know the details), but at a minimum i'd let it sit for 2 weeks at 65% rh, it'll smoke better than fresh from the shop.

The Belicoso is one of the milder sizes of the line. I have smoked them fresh and aged. They are a little balance and the power of the Opus is toned down compared to a fresh Opus. For instance, I have smoked some fresh Power Rangers and I have some aged ones and the aged are much more mellow.

Give it a couple weeks in a stable environment and light that baby up! As Loren said, if you don't smoke it then you won't know if you like it. Smoke this one now, see how you like it, and get more for a few years down the road!

Brandon

If you don't smoke it now, you will never know if you like them to make it worth your time saving any more. :thumbs:

Yes, but if in a few years time he find he DOESN'T like them, he's still sitting on a few well-aged Opus. Excellent trading and/or bombing material. :thumbs:

how about this...

-stash one away now
-get one in about 6 months and stash it
-get one in about a year
-then smoke all three of them around the same time

or start looking for some from other BOTL with certain ages on them

-then of course post your reviews!

Just let it sit for a couple of weeks in your box so it is not right of the store and get a couple for age.

Gracious amigos. A couple weeks sounds good to me. Three year wedding anniversary on the 1st of May. I'll get the wife an Earth Nectar or something.

ts