• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus in Miami or Orlando

Truly a missed opportunity for her. First, the area of Macabi/Versailles is perfectly fine. Nothing unsafe about it whatsoever. Second, in Little Havana proper, that too is just fine, particularly during the day. Even at night it's ok and, last night, was Viernes Cultural, a great Friday evening festival of sorts (occurring on the last Friday of every month), filled with artwork, merchants, food, live music, etc. All the galleries and shops are open late, it's a wonderful, family-friendly experience. Shame she missed out.

MiamiCubano is 100% correct on this. Most of Little Havana (and especially around Versailles) is just full of hard working, honest people. I wouldn't worry about it during the day, and I've been around there well into the early morning with never a problem. To be fair there are some areas that aren't all that far from Little Havana that aren't that great and some that are downright dangerous, but if you are sticking to Little Havana itself there isn't much reason to worry (obviously it is still a big city and common sense still applies). I just wanted to reiterate this for any other people that are thinking about coming down here. Plus, Little Havana and Miami cigar history are very intertwined and seeing it is pretty cool.