• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus Maduro

Goldie

I was browsing eBay and came across an auction for 10 Opus X Robusto Maduros. I do not know who this seller is, I am not affiliated in any way, and it looks like they are brand new to eBay, or at least their username is new. I just thought some people might be interested, but buy at your own risk of course. The link is below

Opus Maduros

Looks like someone photoshopped out Moki's quarter.

Not to mention the seller is lying...the package has been opened...the cigars didn't come in boxes of 10. :laugh:

I would be very wary obviously. Guy with no history on ebay and he happens to have 10 of these (which is an absurd number for any random guy to have) with bidding at a fraction of market value.....

More likely he took some regular opus and tossed on the cedar wrap and ribbon from an SG release...

I sent him a message asking for details (which he won't be able to provide). I hope he lets it post in the "Questions" section

I can't see Exxx at work, but the first thing that comes to mind is VSG with Opus bands

Looks like it's for the "bands." Bad Juju there.

In order to sell cigars on eBay, the seller has to say they are selling you the cigar bands, rather than the actual cigar. You have to say the band is collectible, and the value is in the band, not the tobacco/cigar itself. It's just a loophole for people to sell sticks on eBay.

Looks like it's for the "bands." Bad Juju there.

In order to sell cigars on eBay, the seller has to say they are selling you the cigar bands, rather than the actual cigar. You have to say the band is collectible, and the value is in the band, not the tobacco/cigar itself. It's just a loophole for people to sell sticks on eBay.
Ahh. Now the question is, do I add that to today's list of learnings, or wait a few hours and start fresh with this for tomorrow?

I'm surprised that he'll meet you. If he's legit and you'd be willing to part with some then let me know :whistling:

I live 10 minutes from him. Maybe I should pay him a visit to see his fakes.

I was just about to say.

He is willing to meet me. Maybe he's legit, but I doubt it.

Show him who's boss! And if he's legit...just pm me, don't tell anyone. :laugh:

Get in line.

Off my corner! :sign:

Ok we will make it fair. Robbie Gets 4, I get 3 and You get 3. Otherwise we will have to take this outside.

How are you going to validate authenticity if you meet up with the guy?