• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Fuente Fuente Flavored Cigar

riverratt

Biglew
Well, I got off work early today and came home to enjoy a cigar in the house before everyone else gets home. I went to one of my desktop humi's and decided on a OXFF. I conducted the prelight routine (you know the drill). When I did the prelight siffarue, I noticed the smoke smelled cheesie. I sniffed my hands, nope no cheese there. I smelled around the table. Nope no cheese. I smelled the cigar again. Yep, definitely cheese. The cigar was in cello and my humi is in my bedroom far from the kitchen.

Weeell, I am smoking it as I write this. I will report if I have adverse affects such as food poisening LOL! The other thing that came to mind is that these cigars are rolled by hand in third world countries! And, if this one was actually rolled on the thigh of a virgin then maybe it was rolled a little to high on the thigh! :0

edited for spelling

prolly rolled by some big fat woman that just scratched her biscuit

>>in his best Cartman voice<<

You’ve got cheesy poofs!

Ya sure it doesn't smell like yeast? :whistling:

Doc.

So a smoky Gouda or a ripe Blue cheese?

I have an AVO XO that has been sitting in the Humi for 2 years and you know it smells like cheese too.
Can age have something to do with it?

I guess we will have to wait for Wilkey's take on this... :whistling:

I've had a couple of forbiddenx's that smelled like poop but smoked just fine. Lick the back of your hand and if it smells cheesy you can try to take some chlorophyl to clean up your insides. ;)

I can remember reading about the "cheese smell" a few weeks ago.

I found this maybe it will help.

LINKY

* 4 Weeks - Cigars should be smoked within a few weeks of being rolled if you desire that "chincales" or "fresh roll" type of flavor.
* 6 Months - 1 Year - After 4 weeks, I think it is important to allow cigars at least 180 days of rest if they are not smoked directly after their manufacture. I strongly suggest 6 months for milder blends and at least a year for stronger ones. Without exception, cigars smoke and taste better when allowed a year to age.
* 1 - 2 Years - This is a good time to start smoking those heavier Nicaraguan and Hondurans. This is also the peak period for many Dominicans, and most light bodied smokes.
* 2 - 5 Years - These are the peak years for most other cigars. Typically the stronger, full-bodied cigars age better over a longer duration. This is why Bolivar Fuertes, Ashton VSGs, and many Havanas are all considered cigars that age beautifully. The same logic applies to cigars of substantial strength regardless of their country of origin.
* 7 - 10 Years - This is about the maximum aging time for me on almost all cigars. After this point, I find most cigars become too mellow and too pale in body for me to enjoy.
* 10+ Years - At this point we enter the realm of "vintage" cigars in my book. Many of these cigars will be so flat and boring they are worthless to smoke, while others will take on unique characteristics that will make them enjoyable smokes. One such trait is a musty smell and a taste that is similar to snuff. Another rarer long-term aging trait is cigars taking on an odd scent that is commonly referred to as the "stinky cheese-like smell." This odd reference is due to their pre-light bouquet being faintly similar to a wheel of Stilton cheese. Though it may sound unappealing, these cigars are a delight to smoke and are highly prized by vintage cigar collectors worldwide. Many pay top dollar to secure these smokes. Regardless of the flavor characteristics of vintage vitolas, rarely do any of these cigars maintain any quantitative strength at this level of aging. Also, only the fullest bodied cigars have any chance of being worthwhile smokes after this many years.

Would you say it's more of a cheddar, or limburger?

Well, more like pizza cheese, LOL! I finished the cigar. The cheese smell left. Or, maybe I just got used to it. One thing is for sure, this cigar was a nic bomb. It was very good. It also was very peppery with hints of cedar. After finishing it I was hungry for pizza. Lol!