• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Fuente Fuente

Joe

Smoked an Opus X Fuente Fuente last night while shooting pool. We rotate buying cigars on league night. It was a friend's turn, and he chose this fine cigar He found a shop that actually sells them at MSRP + taxes.

The pre-lit aroma was excellent, my mouth was watering before I fired her up. Nice thick smoke, smelled great (until the guy a few stools down from me fired up an acid.) The initial flavors noticed reminded me of a stiff cup of coffee with extra cream and a dash of vanilla. Flavors stayed relatively consistent for the first half. The first 60% was quite a bit mellower than I had anticipated. About half way through the spices started to kick in. The last third was excellent. Smoked it until my fingers started to smoke.

Overall I was pretty impressed.

Joe said:
Smoked an Opus X Fuente Fuente last night while shooting pool. We rotate buying cigars on league night. It was a friend's turn, and he chose this fine cigar He found a shop that actually sells them at MSRP + taxes.
That's always a bonus!! :thumbs: (really, it's the way it should be everywhere)

Glad you enjoyed it; weird that you did not find it spicy.

Good review...Although it's off in the spice department. Mellow?? I've heard only on sticks with age on them ???

The spiciness did not kick into full force until the last third, which was excellent.

The cigar had a full flavor, it did not have the bite I expected from the reviews I have read. I was expecting it to be spicy from the start.

Joe said:
The spiciness did not kick into full force until the last third, which was excellent.

The cigar had a full flavor, it did not have the bite I expected from the reviews I have read. I was expecting it to be spicy from the start.
It depends on the cigar a bit, but yes, in my experience they are a bit spicier from the get-go.

I think a good part of it may be due to how a cigar is smoked. I tend to puff away relentlessly, which emphasizes the spicey characteristics of a cigar. If you take a puff every 5 minutes or so, I'm sure the intensity will not be the same.

Got a couple of FF's today. My tobacco guy sells them for MSRP at $9.00. He eats the tobacco tax on em at 6.25%. Then he gives me 10% off good customer discount on purchases. Figure thats about 16.25% off my Opus purchases. He's gonna keep my business. :D

By the way, I like the FFs and Number 5s the best.

moki said:
Joe said:

It depends on the cigar a bit, but yes, in my experience they are a bit spicier from the get-go.

I think a good part of it may be due to how a cigar is smoked. I tend to puff away relentlessly, which emphasizes the spicey characteristics of a cigar. If you take a puff every 5 minutes or so, I'm sure the intensity will not be the same.
Makes sense, I was gambling at the time. A couple puffs between shots.

Thanks for your input