• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Toast Across America

Status
Not open for further replies.
A year or two ago GUINNESS had a toast world record thing??? Maybe this was part of the record attempt?

fllbrent said:
A year or two ago GUINNESS had a toast world record thing??? Maybe this was part of the record attempt?
Not that I remember, but AI was part of that toast across the world. I have a huge mug hat from that day. :thumbs:

Emo

Heres the deal, as I bought 2 tickets to this toast at $50 a piece. You got 1 Opus X un-released size, and 1 Diamond Crown un-released size. At a given time everyone would lightup at the 2500 authorized Opus X dealers. The proceeds go to the Cigar Family charity foundation for less fortunate childern in the Dominican Republic so they can build schools, give medical care...etc.

If anyone wants these cigars I can get you a pack, they run $50 and my smoke shop has a few leftover, its not cheap but at least you know you are donating money to a charity.

Emo, the Maximus unreleased is supposedly pretty strong as compared to the regular line. The Opus I heard was strong too.

I saved mine for later... :D

Be careful on Yahoo, they are out there for less!

Lee

Ludwig said:
Heres the deal, as I bought 2 tickets to this toast at $50 a piece. You got 1 Opus X un-released size, and 1 Diamond Crown un-released size. At a given time everyone would lightup at the 2500 authorized Opus X dealers. The proceeds go to the Cigar Family charity foundation for less fortunate childern in the Dominican Republic so they can build schools, give medical care...etc.

If anyone wants these cigars I can get you a pack, they run $50 and my smoke shop has a few leftover, its not cheap but at least you know you are donating money to a charity.
Ludwig's got it right.

I went to the benefit for the schools and got two each of the Opus X and the Diamond Crown Maximus. I bought two tickets for me and my wife. I stole hers from her. :sneaky: THe benefit was held last Saturday 11/22/03.

We had a great time. :D

From Cigar Family site:

Join the Fuente and Newman families on November 22, 2003 for the world's largest cigar toast to benefit the Cigar Family Charitable Foundation. Over one hundred smokeshops have been selected to host this exclusive Cigar Family event.

At 7 p.m. EST (4 p.m. PT), over 5,000 cigar enthusiasts, representing all 50 states, at the same exact time, will raise their cigars in a toast to the people of the Dominican Republic who have worked so hard to provide us with the best cigars in the world.

The Cigar Family Toast Across America will ultimately raise over $250,000 for the Cigar Family Charitable Foundation which recently purchased 23 acres near the town of Caribe to develop the first Cigar Family Community Complex. This complex will include a new school, medical facility, adult training center, youth recreational facility, and more. The children's many needs have inspired the development of this Cigar Family Community Complex.

This complex would not have been possible without the support and guidance of the Instituto Dominicano de Desarrollo Integral, Inc. (IDDI), our partners on this project in the Dominican Republic. Created in 1984, IDDI is one of the principal community development organizations in the Dominican Republic. They often collaborate with various entities of the Dominican Government, as well as national and international corporations.

To find a participating smokeshop, please click here. This list provides the names of all participating smokeshops located by each state. Please contact the retailer first by phone to check availability. Each smokeshop has a limited number of openings available to them for this event.

So no one wants me to pickup a pack for them? Probally hit the shop tomorrow inbetween loading up my stuff for the move, and to have a Mx2, and check Opus inventory if it is finally here, and to see if they got some Enchantments in :)

SD_Stack said:
Ludwig said:

Ludwig's got it right.

I went to the benefit for the schools and got two each of the Opus X and the Diamond Crown Maximus. I bought two tickets for me and my wife. I stole hers from her. :sneaky: THe benefit was held last Saturday 11/22/03.

We had a great time. :D
a place in Milwaukee had it, but I would not be home for thanksgiving until the week after. :(

Ludwig, I would take you up on one of those, but I am afraid that I will start using my credit card solely for cigars and while it would be tasty, I do not need that much extra debt.

:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.