• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X

I collect unreleased Opus X, you wanna talk about pricey! LMAO But seriously, $36 a stick is too much. If you get them close to MSRP then buy 'em and enjoy 'em. We have a local shop who has some most of the time, sizes are sometimes limited, but I can usually get 'em MSRP + taxes. We have another shop within an hour drive that has 'em all the time too. Also MSRP. I don't smoke 'em too often, but I am guilty of hoarding my share. I just gave away most of my regular line OPus for our herf's auction a coouple of weekends ago. Gotta stock up again. :)
FYI:
OPUS X Name, Size, Box count, MSRP

5 3/16 x 43

4 7/8 x 40

xXx
4 5/8 x 49

Fuente Fuente
5 5/8 x 46

Petite Lancero
6 1/4 x 39

Robusto
5 1/4 x 50

6 3/8 x 52

Double Corona
7 5/8 x 49

Reserva D'Chateau
7 x 48

Super Beli
5 5/8 X 54

Perfection X
6 1/4 x 48

A
9 1/4 x 47

Same here Sam.

Our locals haven't had em in the shop since about late January but when they had em, they were sky-high. Plenty of VSG tho to be had here. I've had (1) Opus courtesy of a fellow Texan from the CF board - drat it, smoked it already, couldn't resist - the VSG's I've got are resting for at least 6 more months. Heard they were a might strong and aged very well.

We too suffer from opus gougus.
Haven't seen a decent gar store that didn't desire to well..Bend thy customers over.
Sounds like we should ask real nice and maybe Matt will put together a group purchase /split in the future.
his may be the only way some of us get at seeing a honest deal.
Hbooker

If they are Certified Opus Dealers, should have a certificate hanging in the shop, and are selling at way above MSRP, you need to report them to the Fuentes. They have contracts to sell at MSRP + tax. If they are getting there stuff second hand, then there's not much you can do about it, but if they are certified dealers, a list is at www.cigarfamily.com, and are gouging, they need to be reported.

My local guy is a certified Opus dealer with the certificate. He has been sent ONE, count it ONE box of Opus in all this time from Fuente. He's been getting nothing but promises from his rep for both the Opus and the VSG's. He wishes that he could get a box or two eveery six months at least.

MSRP here. (Holt's)

Very lucky, as they have them most of the time.:D

Isn't it ironic that a good box of ISOM's can be 'easily' had for $120-200 and it's damn near impossible to score an Opus or a Padron Anniversario stick.

...Now the situation has changed in my 'dor.
The ISOM's are the everyday smokes and the Opus/Padron's are the special occasion smokes.

Ain't it Crazy!

Well here is my opinion on obtaining Opus cigars. First off, find a reputable dealer with an Opus account. I then recommend going in and talking to the people that work the humidor, if the place seems like it has good customer service and a good stock, then start buying from them and visit on a regular basis. This will ensure that you will get some Opus when they come in. Simply putting your name on a waiting list will do nothing if all you want is the rare stuff that they only get once a year. Most tobacconists would rather sell the "good" stuff to customers that spend money with them versus someone just there for Opus. In fact one of the local retailers that I have a relationship with usually have Opus in stock year round, but they don't put them out for display, he usually sells one size at a time and he asks me if I want a couple.

Devin, I could help you get rid of a "few".....thousand... LMAO

One good thing I can say about the main local shop near me is that they are an established account and get Opus about 4 times a year, MSRP + tax and put out a box at a time. Nice folks, but a bit cigar snobby and play on the lawyers and accountants that will pay and not ask questions. Most of their prices are way up, but not on opus.