• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X

King

In my opinion the OpusX that my local cigar retailer are currently offering are the best batch that they have ever have had in stock.
Anyone else notice the fact that the current Opusx batch are smoking fantastic (as they should) right out of the box.

King said:
In my opinion the OpusX that my local cigar retailer are currently offering are the best batch that they have ever have had in stock.
Anyone else notice the fact that the current Opusx batch are smoking fantastic (as they should) right out of the box.
Yep, this year's batch is quite nice -- I like 'em with a few years of age on them even more though...

I would not know..never had the pleasure of smoking any of the Opus X line... :(

Rnccen

Me neither. :( Does your local retailer have them in stock regularly? I might need to move. ;)

If you're implying what I think you're implying, I love you. :love:

:p ;)

Knowing moki.... your probally right... :sign:

What about Moki? is he a bad guy or something :D

None of my local retailers have any in stock, they are nice shops but I guess are not able to get the Opus X line for some reason. I am not sure if Fuente only allows certain stores to carry this particular line.

Rnccen

rnccen said:
What about Moki? is he a bad guy or something :D

None of my local retailers have any in stock, they are nice shops but I guess are not able to get the Opus X line for some reason. I am not sure if Fuente only allows certain stores to carry this particular line.

Rnccen
You are correct. Not all stores are Opus X retailers. There are certain rules and regulations that must be met before a store can become an Opus X dealer

According to my local retailer its more or less the same with Padron anniversary. He said a retailer can't just call up and order boxes of the Anniverseries. They alot a certain number of boxes to good customers when they get a big Padron shipment.

I opened an email from CVM and here's their 'great' offer on Opus X Robustos (they have a bunch of other sizes at the same type of 'great' offer) . Their email was a 'special announcement' proclaiming the 'now available' Opus X line. Here is their 'great deal':

OPUS X Robusto

I'm going to get right on it :lookup: MSRP on the Robusto is $10.50 (according to others on this board). I know these are good, but dude........

M. Gipson

What a rip! Canyon has them for a mere $26 here

This is why I haven't tried one yet.. I refuse to be ripped off like that.

other1 said:

If you make it out to a Palmer's Herf or meet up with us when Dixie is in town I'll bring one for you :thumbs:

You have just severely thrown my labor day plans into question. ;)

Moki and other OPUS X regulars probably know best, but isn't there some sort of restrictions on the 'official' Opus X retailers? I thought I've heard they are not allowed to market the Opus X on the internet?? If this is the case........then some (if not all) of these guys offering Opus X at these eye - gouging prices are simply buying them at retail and trying to re-retail them to the public. I understand trying to make a buck (I ran my own business for 8 years), but 300% over MSRP (and then the audacity to set a 5 stick limit)!!

That's not very good long-term thinking. But, then again........Lots of these guys don't even understand basic business principles. (Set up a loyal customer base with fair value in order to create longevity - throw them bones when you can - and consistantly adding to said base).

Trying to gouge and slash customers with a name brand is not good business. Especially on the 'net. Customers are only a click away from another supplier (no effort at all - and you lose a sale........enough of those and you are out of business).

Oh well........For those that pay the price........OPUS X is a great smoke.........but not 300% over MSRP great :( I'm sure if people really seeking the OPUS X would network (here at CP and other Cigar boards) they would be pleasantly surprised at the deals that can be found.

M. Gipson

This is why I for the most part refuse to feed the Fuente troll. Not only that, I still don't think they are anything spectacular.

If my shop has them at reasonable prices, I'll pick up a few and usually use them as gifts or for pass material.

other1 said:

That Canyon price is a ripoff as well. Sheesh.

gawntrail said:
Moki and other OPUS X regulars probably know best, but isn't there some sort of restrictions on the 'official' Opus X retailers? I thought I've heard they are not allowed to market the Opus X on the internet?? If this is the case........then some (if not all) of these guys offering Opus X at these eye - gouging prices are simply buying them at retail and trying to re-retail them to the public. I understand trying to make a buck (I ran my own business for 8 years), but 300% over MSRP (and then the audacity to set a 5 stick limit)!!
Yep, that's exactly what's going on -- and it's rather unfortunate. But apparently enough people will pay these insane prices that it sustains this kind of bottom-feeding practice... sigh.

Guys,

Just for arguement's sake........

What is the going price for an OPUS X at your local shop? I can't find a local shop that has any (within 15 miles of my house here in SoCal), so I have to network to find mine at a reasonable price. I think this may give all a good understanding of what OPUS X goes for around the country.

M. Gipson