• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X

gawntrail said:
Guys,

Just for arguement's sake........

What is the going price for an OPUS X at your local shop? I can't find a local shop that has any (within 15 miles of my house here in SoCal), so I have to network to find mine at a reasonable price. I think this may give all a good understanding of what OPUS X goes for around the country.

M. Gipson
My local shop has them for 37% above MSRP (NYS Tobacco Tax :()

gawntrail said:
What is the going price for an OPUS X at your local shop? I can't find a local shop that has any (within 15 miles of my house here in SoCal), so I have to network to find mine at a reasonable price. I think this may give all a good understanding of what OPUS X goes for around the country.
My local shops sold out within the first two weeks... actually at one shop, they didn't even hit the floor, they were sold to members. I don't recall the price -- it was a few dollars over MSRP tho.

My local shop is a authorized Opus X dealer. (The big 3'x5' framed sign behind the counter says so. :p ) I have yet to see any actually in stock they disappear so fast! :D

I can easily see other shops in the area or others buying up every one they have and then eBay-ing or putting the sticks in their own store at markup prices.

Kryo said:
I can easily see other shops in the area or others buying up every one they have and then eBay-ing or putting the sticks in their own store at markup prices.
Major League Chicken ****!

M. Gipson

Kryo said:
Knowing moki.... your probally right... :sign:
Yep, an injustice has been (or will be, in 2-3 days) set right. :)

Fast4Dr said:
You are correct. Not all stores are Opus X retailers. There are certain rules and regulations that must be met before a store can become an Opus X dealer
Yep, and there are different levels of Opus X dealers. Regular dealers get 4 boxes per shipment, 3-4 times a year. "A" list dealers get double that -- and there's "AA" and "AAA", etc.

moki said:
Kryo said:
Knowing moki.... your probally right... :sign:
Yep, an injustice has been (or will be, in 2-3 days) set right. :)
You entered 0303 3430 0002 1692 0446

Your item arrived at 8:09 am on May 20, 2004 in NEW YORK, NY 10019.

Woo-hoo! I'll be popping my Opus X cherry this weekend. Review to follow.

Thanks moki!!! :love:

other1 said:
Woo-hoo! I'll be popping my Opus X cherry this weekend. Review to follow.

Thanks moki!!! :love:
....enjoy...

moki said:
Fast4Dr said:
You are correct. Not all stores are Opus X retailers. There are certain rules and regulations that must be met before a store can become an Opus X dealer
Yep, and there are different levels of Opus X dealers. Regular dealers get 4 boxes per shipment, 3-4 times a year. "A" list dealers get double that -- and there's "AA" and "AAA", etc.
Yep this is true...
Fuente are very strick, and thats why a lot of shops dont sell them! I have heard that you have to start off selling so many montesino's first and than move your way up. But thats only if you want to order stright through them, you can still get all the cigars you want through 3erd party's, your going to pay a lille more but hey you'll have them in your store!

-matt

Here's my first post

It has been several years since I have had an Opus X, actually I just can't bring myself to spend the money on most Fuente cigars anymore. Even their bundled sticks fetch $3-$4 now.

That said my impression of the Opus X on the 4 times I have indulged is that I prefer the Don Carlos. The wrapper on the Opus is by far the best I have encountered, but the overall enjoyment of the Don Carlos Robusto is noticeably better IMO than the Opus X.

I expect that ought to stir the pot a bit. :D
Matt

txmatt said:
That said my impression of the Opus X on the 4 times I have indulged is that I prefer the Don Carlos. The wrapper on the Opus is by far the best I have encountered, but the overall enjoyment of the Don Carlos Robusto is noticeably better IMO than the Opus X.
Hey, different strokes... I haven't liked any of the Don Carlos I've had... I traded them away.

I liked the Dc Presedentie but I did have a bad day back then and was needing a smoke.

I have not seen an OpusX for years except for in the Passes so of course I didn't have anything of equal value to trade. My local store has PAMS in stock all the time though :angry:

I go like the Hemi classics and have several empty boxes around here :p

Not to self...e-mail Moki to buy multiple Opus X sticks for my fall Pass :p

Gunpowder said:
I have not seen an OpusX for years except for in the Passes so of course I didn't have anything of equal value to trade. My local store has PAMS in stock all the time though :angry:
If you went by MSRP, trading a PAM for an Opus X in a box pass should be about right, no? Perhaps a slightly larger sized PAM than an Opus, and you're about right in terms of MSRP.

moki said:
Fast4Dr said:
okay, so the store back home has to have "AA" or so,

during the summer they got a bunch, put them in reg. display counters and they lasted 2+ weeks or so.

when I went home for X-Mas, their huge-a$$ shipment came in and lasted them through mid-feb.
it was nice as a guy would come in, ask for a nice cigar and they'd say "try Opus", you were allowed 2 of each size.

but, if you were a member [me] you could get 4 or so of each size.

:thumbs:

only downside is they almost never get Anejos or BTLs.
carry almost every other Fuente too.

I've yet to see an Opus, an Anejo or a BTL at a store. I know the stores I go to get them, but if you don't show up within a few days of the once every 3 or 4 months shipment they are gone. I know they call some regulars when they come in. Maybe I'll be a regular someday. :lookup: