• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OpusX 1993 - yep, 10 years old.

SD_Stack

Former J.R. 1am Monitor
I hope this is in the right place.

I just got back from a JR's Cigars Cigar Tasting event held here in NC. I bought a fresh supply of sticks and was hoping to find some Opus's's's's's's's's's's's's's's's's. :) in the retail store.

I did. They were 1993 Opus X's (not sure what size but they were big. Maybe Churchill?) Anyway, I chose not to buy them because of their price. I wasn't sure what they were worth. They came packed in two's.

I found out they are 2 Fuente Fuente OpusX Reserva D'Chateau(7 X 49) Cigars

I would like someone who knows or has an educated guess or wants to say what they would pay for two 10 year old Opus' to give me a price.

Oopps. Just read that they planted the first seeds for the OpusX cigars in 1992 so there can not be a 10 yo Opus. Maybe this is just a 10 year anniv. offering from a not 10 year old cigar. Anyone?

If you have a price, or a guess, are the cigars worth the amount of money you guessed. (that question should make this post eligible for the cigar discussion forum)

I will tell what they cost, but would like a number from you first please. That way I want sway your vote.

If I get prices like I am hoping, I may have to go back and get some. For me of course. Don't ask. :D

Thanks.
SD

Not that I would give it, but I've seen an advertised 2 stick package at $50. :angry:

SD,

What you saw was the 10th Anniversary Opus X & Fuente Family DVD set. It goes for $50 and is released by Prometheus. The DVD is a history of the Fuente Family and also covers the development of the Opus X line of their cigars.

I've heard great things about the DVD and it doesn't hurt to get 2 Opus X Reserva D'Chateau (Churchills) too.

Aloha,

Wade

Ditto what Wade said, that's what it sounds like. Did they come in "crstal" (read plastic LOL) tubes?

Haven't watched the DVD yet, planning on soon though while enjoying one of them. Now I didn't pay for mine, I did a trade for my two plus the DVD, but I hear they go for $50 as previously stated and I think I heard someone somewhere saying they got theirs for like $75.

Sam

Everyone seems dead on it for $50. THat is the cost at JR's.

I would be tempted to buy them, hjust wondering if they are worth them Money.

SD

I look at it this way. DVD's sale outside of Wal Mart for about $20. So take $20 away from the $50 leaves you with $30 or $15 a stick.

Now when it comes to the OpusX RdC, that's only (crap, lost my link to the OpusX MSRP page - anyone?)... I think MSRP is around $13.50 give or take 50 cents. So your not paying that much more over MSRP.

Now in the end is it worth it? In my opinion yes, the RdC makes for a very fine, luxurious and powerful special occassion smoke, which again in my opinion is what you should save these for, especially considering the cost and rarity of these.

If, you have it to spare and like OpusX and haven't had these before I would recommend them in a heartbeat. On the other hand, if you have had OpusX before and wasn't overly impressed with them, then I would pass on it.

Sam

JMO, but the RdC Opus X is the weakest and least complex cigar of the entire Opus Line. If you are one to collect things, the DVD set is a good buy, but if you're doing it just to get a couple cigars, you're wasting your money. Again, JMO. :)

That was it FT - thanks. SD, notice that link ;-) and I was a dollar off on my qutoes for MSRP.

Sam

Thats intresting,I have two 1995 OPUS 2[Torporto]..They are quite dark now,an well feed.