• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OpusX Cedar

I believe I can help here, the wrapping is a type of cedar that Fuente and his son brought over from Cube to grow specifically for their cigars. As for the “Why” cedar wood has many different aromas (from green to amber (from the sap, and to a certain. sweetness) and qualities for insect control. When specific pines/cedars hit a certain age the sap/wood carries a repellent (I think it’s the qualities of the sap used to produce turpentine). Therefore it’s providing more than once use to the owner, smell, aromas, flavor, moisture, and a natural bug repellent. I’m enclosing a link to an interview I had found online.
Personally I had no interests in cigars until I found a limited edition of the Fuente Fuente Opus X special edition Passion package signed by senior and junior. The 2 cigars are enclosed in crystal tubes and sealed; they are from 2003 or 2004? Upon opening them with a professional the cigars are still smokable and smell like a fine heavy perfume of vanillas, bourbons, deep/sweet tobacco leaf smell, Carmel, and other aromas. Heavenly, fine purfum, and delicious smelling to the point I wanted to take a bite out of it. Hope this helps everyone! 😉
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/index.php/article/an-interview-with-carlos-fuente-jr-6190

Bullshit.