• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OpusX The Rising X

LC-Smoker

Have you seen my stapler?
I just saw a review of this cigar in the new Cigar Insider, but I have never heard of it before. I assume it is just one of the many Fuente special releases auctioned off for charity, but I figure it can't hurt to ask. Anyone ever had one or have any info on them? Moki???

As long as we're on Fuente questions - WTF is a "Killer B"? My shop said they're supposed to get some in....

ggiese said:
As long as we're on Fuente questions - WTF is a "Killer B"? My shop said they're supposed to get some in....
[snapback]260263[/snapback]​

I read it's a Cuban belicoso with a different blend and wrapper. Just a new hype that I now really want...(Damn them Fuente's and their marketing!!)

-Fetter

ggiese said:
As long as we're on Fuente questions - WTF is a "Killer B"?  My shop said they're supposed to get some in....

George....the King B, not the Killer Bee. More info: Link

KingBCello.jpg

King B

OpusXKillerBee.jpg

Killer Bee

I beleive the Rising was only available at the Big Smoke and thats it. But that is what the CI article said. Is the King B the fuente that is grown with that bizare high altitude ecuadorian wrapper, cultivated by gnomes and elves?

LC-Smoker said:
I just saw a review of this cigar in the new Cigar Insider, but I have never heard of it before. I assume it is just one of the many Fuente special releases auctioned off for charity, but I figure it can't hurt to ask. Anyone ever had one or have any info on them? Moki???
[snapback]260254[/snapback]​

It was created for a Cigar Aficionado event that coincided roughly with the Big Smoke in Las Vegas earlier this year. It's a BBMF vitola, but instead of a single carrot top, it forks off into a V... so it looks sort of like an X is rising out of the top of the cigar.

I should have one in next week for pictures, etc. ;)

ggiese said:
As long as we're on Fuente questions - WTF is a "Killer B"?  My shop said they're supposed to get some in....

I think you mean the King B:

king_b_cedar.jpg

There's some more info on it here.

moki said:
LC-Smoker said:
I just saw a review of this cigar in the new Cigar Insider, but I have never heard of it before.  I assume it is just one of the many Fuente special releases auctioned off for charity, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.  Anyone ever had one or have any info on them? Moki???
[snapback]260254[/snapback]​

It was created for a Cigar Aficionado event that coincided roughly with the Big Smoke in Las Vegas earlier this year. It's a BBMF vitola, but instead of a single carrot top, it forks off into a V... so it looks sort of like an X is rising out of the top of the cigar.

I should have one in next week for pictures, etc. ;)
[snapback]260505[/snapback]​

moki said:
ggiese said:

I think you mean the King B:

king_b_cedar.jpg

There's some more info on it here.
[snapback]260510[/snapback]​

WoW I guess we learn something new everyday ...especially when its concerning the A. Fuentes ... now if only they would be actually available for mere mortals to obtain to try out ...now that is I suppose a whole other story ???

Thanks for the education.

The King B is slated to be a regular production cigar as of January (from what I hear). Yet then again that doesn't mean that it will be any easier to get. :cool:

The King B has been released but there is a lot of "hoarding" going on (i.e. people are buying boxes of them when they find them) and thus they are very hard to come by (unless you are in the right place at the right time). MSRP is only $6.50-$7.00 I believe. I think people are worried they will not be easy to get in the future...

mrjinglesusa said:
The King B has been released but there is a lot of "hoarding" going on (i.e. people are buying boxes of them when they find them) and thus they are very hard to come by (unless you are in the right place at the right time). MSRP is only $6.50-$7.00 I believe. I think people are worried they will not be easy to get in the future...
[snapback]260993[/snapback]​
What else is new. :whistling:

Looks More like a "TERD"...
Killer B Terds...
OK, it's late!

I just want to try an Opus or Forbidden X!...
Not sure which is supposed to be better, but want to try ONE!..
I'm thinking NOT the TERD-B...

OpusXKillerBee.jpg

Killer Bee
[snapback]260289[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Getting back to the thread topic, a BBMF will probably taste about the same as the Opus X Rising X...

Here's what it looks like:

opus_x_rising_x.jpg

It's the same size as a BBMF, but it is box-pressed. Pretty cool cigar.