• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ordering Cigars to Canada

Zeek

Well I've been searching websites to find companies who will ship to Canada. I've found www.cigar.com and www.cubancrafters.com. So far I'm leaning towards Cuban Crafters as they seem to have better deals. Their shipping is a little expensive $31,95 but I'm willing to pay it. My brother will also be ordering from there so we will split on the shipping.

I spoke with one of their reps on the phone who said he will have to write down that there are cigars in the box and if they are stopped I will have to pay duty. My question is, does anyone know how often these packages are stopped, cause I really don't want to pay duty. And if they are stopped, how much $$ am I looking at for an order around $90. The contents of which are: two humidors with 15 cigars each as well as a bottle of solution for the humidifiers.

If anyone knows of other companies or a better method to obtain cigars here in Canada without the dent in the wallet please fill me in!

Cheers,

Zeek

FWIW, we ship to Canada. :whistling:

www.famous-smoke.com

Cigahs, you guys ship UPS to Canada don't you? In my experience getting anything to Canada via UPS always costs more money.

Cigahs, you guys ship UPS to Canada don't you? In my experience getting anything to Canada via UPS always costs more money.

I'm really not sure how they calculate shipping to Canada here. Nor can I say we're extremely competetive. I just know that we do ship there and it's a manual process right now to quote rates for every Canada-bound order.

Humberto

What's up Humberto? How long have you been at Famous?

Steve(formerly of Cigar-ette City, People's Plaza)

Maybe i need to explain a bit more.

UPS is sometimes cheaper on the actual shipping charges, however when they deliver the package to you they will double charge you for additional fee's, duties etc... The amount they charge you varies it seems like and they can't tell you what the charge will be until it is time to pay.

USPS is a better way to get things up here to Canada. It is slower and takes longer going through customs but there are less associated fee's an other gratuitous charges added on. Once in the country the package is handled by Canada post.

I have been buying things for a long time from the US and in my experiences USPS is always a better choice. In fact i won't order something unless it can be shipping USPS. UPS just gets too expensive.

If your package says cigars on it you almost certainly WILL be charged duties on those cigars. Don't be surprised if the duties/taxes roughly doubles the price of the cigar for you.

You can find NC cigars at shops in Canada but, for example a Padron 2000 is roughly $4.00 in the US, the same cigar here at a B&M i have seen for almost $20.00.

I just called and they said they will ship with either and that it is my choice. Judging from what you've said, I think i'll try with USPS. The rep also told me it is shipped in a package that is discrete and that they've only ever had 2 occasions where they were stopped at customs. Does that sound like reliable info to you guys? I'm not saying the rep is a liar at famous smoke or anything.. but being my first time ordering cigars to Canada, I'm a little skeptical.

Edit: Now that I'm further in the checkout process of the website I've just read that the only shipment option for Canadian customers is UPS.. blah.

Zeek