• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OSHKOSH HUMIDOR PREMIER HUMIDIFIER

Backslide

RASCClicious
Im NEED a new humidifier. Right now I have the standard black round one came with my humidor. it dips down tooo far into my humidor and takes space away from my cigars. I was looking at this oshkosh but don't know tooo much about them. I like the style and it looks like it would be perfect fit for my box. I also really like the ceder box that you can get for the humidifier. I was also thinking about just getting the ceder box and filling it with climmax 65% beads. would that be enough for my humidor? it is a 75 count.

OSHKOSH HUMIDOR PREMIER HUMIDIFIER <--

MY humidor <---

-That Oshkosh humidifier is probably overkill for a 75 count.

-The box filled with beads would be enough, though I don't know about a cedar container for holding the beads - if you accidentally add too much water to them (easy to do) you would have good conditions for some mold growth, possibility of the water seeping through the container onto cigars, etc.

-Almost everyone here advocates beads in pantyhose nylons - that way the beads can't spill all over, there is more area for water to be released into the air, etc. It isn't the nicest looking thing, but you can toss the ball into the very bottom of your humidor and bury it out of sight.

I recommend filling a Large Aluminum Tubo with beads, after punching it full of tiny hols, like a sewing needle would make. Just a side note, follow the instructions that come with the beads for charging them, if you put too much water in them, the beads will absorb too much and litterally PoP* and then the ones that popped will no longer function.

In my 35 ct humi, I filled the "puck" with beads, it works perfectly, but since you are trying to get rid of the puck, I recommend the tubo idea instead. Have a couple of those in my other humis that are made from empty cigar boxes. I further recommend the 65% beads but that is a personal preference.

Get a half pound of 65% beads. Go buy a pack of criso sticks and use one of the plastic cases holding the crisco for your dish. Fill it with beads, it'll hold about a third of a pound. Use the rest for travel humidifiers of your choice. The one third pound is over kill, but will last longer before needing recharged.

How about an Altoids can? Punch many holes into the top and fill 'er up.

Willie