• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Otterboxes just arrived

mhortsch

Where am I?
Reaction score
Do i need to use PGSLT solution or whatever its called, or can I rely on my sticks humidity for the weekend?

Don't put anything in there but your sticks. Don't know why they insist on putting those lame disc humidifiers in there. Totally unecesary. I've left my low rh stored cigars in my otters for weeks and they smoke great ;)

let us qualify that
don't add anything if your sticks are already at optimal for you....
and you don't intend to open it every five minutes to show it off.

If I am going out for more than a day, i usually add 1 or 2 drops (as is eye dropper) of distilled water to that lame little humidifier that is included into
most of them.

The volume is small, and so it loses humidity fast if opened frequently in a dry location.

YMMV

Good point. I don't open until I'm ready to smoke 'em. As malt says though make sure it's just a drop or two. Many a smoker has ruined cigars over wetting those little buggers :(

I have an otter that iI keep at a friends house. I must say for the price I paid for the otter (zero) it works just great ! I agree that no other device is needed. The one in it is just fine.

Mark H.