• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Our Bassett Hound

CMontoya79

Newb Le professional!
IMG_3714.JPG Our family's beloved Bassett Hound, Santana will be going to the rainbow bridge today. He gave us 12 great years. He was the 1st of this breed we have had the pleasure to include in our family. He has always been a happy dog, stoic and never demonstrated pain. Vets find he was bleeding last night and that there is a toumor on his spleen. He got to spend one last night cozier up in bed with us ( me, my wife and our little girl) and by his sister Hound Lily. He was prepared a special breakfast of eggs, spinach, smoked salmon, hot dogs, and cheese. I know that it's not goodbye, and even the blessing of having a vet come to our house this afternoon, to allow for a more comfortable situation, it still hurts like hell. As soon as I can completely recover from this cold I've had, I'll light something to remember all the good times.

I'm so sorry, my friend. That's exactly what happened to Dolby earlier this year -- bleeding tumor on his spleen. I'm so glad you were able to have one more night at home. You will be in my thoughts today. I'm heartbroken for you all.

It's not easy loosing a loved one. My condolences for your loss.

My best to your family. Bassets are such Cool dogs. It's amazing how much those little fur balls steal our hearts.

It's always tough but Santana will remain alive in his family.

Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. He's at peace now.

C, if you knew me, you know I grieve with you. She got your love and gave kit back. Don't get any better. Peace brother.

I am sorry to hear this.
Your post made me remember our Basset named Maggie. I think she was about the same age when we had to have her put down because of cancer.