• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Our Rock Fish trip

Mr_Wolf

He's watching.............
Herfin Bigdog (Byran and his father Bob), Herfin One (Ben) and his friend Jack and myself went out fishing for Striped Bass aka Rock Fish, on the Chesapeake Bay on Saturday October 14th. We had a great time, and we thought we would share a few pics with everyone!! And to those who couldn't make (yes I mean you, seasick boy :p ), we plan on making it an annual trip!

DSC01177.jpg
Bryan, Bob (his dad) and Jack as we were heading out.
DSC01176.jpg
No, Ben was not blowing kisses!! :whistling:

DSC01184.jpg
Captain Brian and First mate Shawn baiting us up to catch some Spot to reuse as bait, while Bob & Jack supervised.

DSC01186.jpg
Sailboats enjoying the breeze.

DSC01191.jpg
Beautiful!!

DSC01212fixed.jpg

Bob, Bryan, Jack, me and Ben with our catch. No monsters, but we had a blast! Thanks for coming, and we'll see you in the spring!!

Mmmmm I love Striped Bass...

But you guys didn't have time for one cigar according to the pictures :sign:

I've spent many days down on the Chesapeake Bay, its one of my favorite places on this planet.

DSC01194.jpg

DSC01203.jpg
Is Ben sleeping or dead...you make the call :sign:

:D Those are great pics!

Did you guys have 'em for dinner?

~M

No, I had chili cooking all day, and brats and tater salad and such. Here's us getting our grub on around 9pm last night.
DSC01213.jpg

Great pictures, Dan. It looks like you guys had a great time. I'm sorry to have missed it. :(

BTW, are you going to the Del-MD miniherf this coming Wednesday?

Wilkey

Great pictures, Dan. It looks like you guys had a great time. I'm sorry to have missed it. :(

BTW, are you going to the Del-MD miniherf this coming Wednesday?

Wilkey
I hope so!

:D We did smoke some seegars. :D Most of us wanted to eat lunch before we started. On top of that, the water was so rough that when we were heading to our fishing area, the waves were crashing up over the bow, and hitting the front, sides and top of the cabin. If we tried to smoke outside, we would have gotten drenched. As it was, we couldn't even take pictures of how rough it was. The cameras would have gotten soaked.

P1010030.jpg

HerfinOne (Ben, Jack and Mr. Wolf.

P1010031.jpg

Captain Brian and Dad.

P1010032.jpg

First Mate Shawn getting the tackle ready after arriving at our fishing area.

P1010033.jpg

Dad waking from a short snooze.

P1010034.jpg

HerfinOne Snoozing. He can fall asleep in about two minutes, and often does on the ride home when we carpool. :laugh:

:laugh:

Great pics gang... looks like ya had a great time

:thumbs:

P1010035.jpg

HerfinOne, Jack, Shawn, Dan, Capt. Brian. We had just run through a school of stripers, and Ben, Jack and Dan are all realing fish in at the same time. Dad had already pulled his in by the time I got the camera ready.
P1010036.jpg

Capt. Brian with the fish Ben landed.
P1010037.jpg

Capt. Brian removing the hook from Jack's fish.
P1010038.jpg

Dan fighting a fish that was helicoptering in as he was realing in the fish. Helicoptering is when the fish spins like a propeller blade making it very difficult to real in a fish.
P1010039.jpg

That white splash is Dan's fish., creating a froth as it spins like a propeller.
After we ate dinner, we retired to Dan's back yard and gathered around his fire pit and enjoyed some cigars, and fish stories.
Dan, thanks for setting this up. And thank Ginger for putting up with us and for cooking that great dinner. I was STUFFED when we went out to enjoy the fire pit. :)

Sounds like you guys had a blast, Dan! I hope to see you Wed. ;)

Boy Did I miss out on a good time. Been having a time of it with my mom had to put her in a nursing home plus going crazy with the estate part of it geeeeeeeeeez. Looks like you guys had some tight lines :).