• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Over runs, seconds and such?

davela

I have had good luck so far with the Connies .Not my pefered smoke but I always bring one as a backup when I" load up"my pocket cigar case,and as I am sending my daughter to private high school(help) next year that is what I most likely will be smoking.Everyone seems to have seconds or overruns,HDM.Punch ,Partagas.Also different online dealers and retailers have their own special knockoffs .Question; where are the Fuente seconds overruns,or knockoffs.Always looking for the perfect "cheapo". Dave

Makes you wonder what they do with the ones that would be seconds. Fancy pipe tabacco?

Go to Smokeall.com and check out the "Old Fashioned" bundles. Don is having a blow-out sale. These are seconds of Partagas and Macanudo.

If you phone in an order to Smokeall, tell Don you are a first-time customer and also tell him you're a Cigarpass member. He just might do something real nice for you. :thumbs:

A good value is the Kelner 2nds sold by Cigar International. They always need age, but smoke nicely at 1 year. Also try mrbundles.com I like the Nic Sungrown.
Emo

Fast4Dr said:
AVB said:
Makes you wonder what they do with the ones that would be seconds. Fancy pipe tabacco?
They smoke them
same thing down in Cuba.

tho, have heard if the prob is something small, they will take off the wrapper and have the roller re-roll it.

Fuente does not sell seconds ....But they do make the La Unica (yellow bands) in bundles that are real tasty. My favorite of these are the #500 maddies. Think the local shop is selling them for about $69.00 a bundle and they make a damn good cigar for mowing the lawn and working in the gardens.

As has been said again and again, Fuente doesnt sell seconds. I have tried a few cheaper brands and been pretty happy with them.

The Occidental Havana Sun Growns are pretty good at about $3-4 ea depending where you get them.
I have heard very good things about MrBundles.com and the Sungrowns as Emo pointed out... I'd like to try one of those myself and see if they are worth the bundle- I have heard they are :)
I just got some Sherpa's from cigarbid that are mild to medium, but good flavor.
And honestly, I smoked one last night called HURRICANE, that someone gifted me for christmas- and it was pretty darn tastey. It may be $27/ea though, I have no idea. :p

Good luck.

Toaster - mrbundles.com sells singles in most of the cigars they offer in bundles. They are usually $2 for singles. Look under bundles, and you will see both bundles and singles if you want to try one out before buying the whole bundle.

Regarding Fuente seconds...

2nds.gif

Just wanted to mention that Fuente DOES offer apprentice-rolled cigars with slightly inferior tobacco. But they are labeled as such. They don't take cigars that are intended to be a certain brand and re-brand them if they are not up to snuff.

As stated, Fuente doesn't sell Seconds. However, if you want to enjoy Fuente made cigars at reasonable prices try checking out www.tampasweetheart.com There is a bundled cigars there.. the Flor de Ybor No. 85 Sungrown.... same size as the 858... Sungrown wrapper... excellent construction and pretty darn tasty! It's not the same blend and not the same strength but an enjoyable smoke!

Aloha,

Wade