• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Overly wet cigars

Jeff B.

NWMSU Mafia Hitman
Pretty self-explanatory here. Let's say you've got a batch of cigars that just came in the mail that are a bit on the wet side. How would you guys go about letting their humidity level come down? My initial thought was to get another tupperware container and "quarentine"the cigars in there as I've heard of on here. I figured I would just throw the sticks in there with no water pillow or beads and let them chill. How long do you think this would take? I'm sure it varies depending on how wet the cigars are, but any ballparks? Any other suggestions for this scenario I'm not thinking of?

Thanks for the help! :thumbs:

Come to think of it I have a good number of cigars that I would say are a little on the wet side! :(

I would just leave them out of the humi for a day or so. The won't dry out so much as to be ruined completley over night. I keep my humi at 65% and take most of my smokes out of the humi about 4-6 hrs before I smoke them and that only drops the RH a few percent.

You could also just put them in the humi. Eventually they will stabilize to the humidity in your humi.

Leave the nw box/bundle on the table for 24 hours before putting them in the cooler or humi, should do the trick.

I don't know how "wet" are they and what you would do in such "extreme" case. Although when I get some that are on the moist side I would leave them in cedar lined box in around 65% humidity and then transfer them to Himi or cooledor.

Unless you are wanting to smoke them right away, I'd just stick them in your humidor. They will even out eventually. If they are so wet as to cause mold, then that would have happened already.