• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Overseas Order

emodx

Banned
I put in an order form a British vendor Saturay night. The main reason was to get the MRN Havana book. But while looking around I decided to start my vintage cigar collection. So with my order I also purchased a Montie Especial and Montie #1 from way back when(childs play compared to some here). Has anyone else started collecting vintage cigars, or wish to comment on experiences smokinking vintage cigars?

Emo

I'm planing to start a collection when my case is over.
Right now all i have are some custom rolled from the mid 80's.

One BIG thing to remember is that if you go spending a lot of money on these things, you still have the opportunity for disappointment only in these cases, you could be out some very big bucks. It's always a crapshoot on vintage cigars, no matter where you get them.

Matt R said:
One BIG thing to remember is that if you go spending a lot of money on these things, you still have the opportunity for disappointment only in these cases, you could be out some very big bucks. It's always a crapshoot on vintage cigars, no matter where you get them.
Yes, you are right. But I think it will be fun through trial and error. The first couple I got are pretty old. But I think the rest of my orders will be 85-95 vintage. I really do like the flavors and tempered strength of this era.

Emo

would like to,
have usu., smoked anything aged that I got thru trades and whatnot.

I guess I would like to start to buy one or two every now and then,
maybe 2,3 every few months.

not a big thing here as at some point soon, will want to get a few of the EL Cohibas, but I am somewhat interested.

I would love to someday try a Davi or two and maybe a Dunhill or La Escepcion. I just wonder if I'll ever be willing to pay the bank to get them ???