• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Packaging techniques

Wolfie

Alien
I ordered a small Walmart special Igloo, $15.99 + $1.99 shipping. I received a massive box with my tiny cooler inside. Maybe I should build a cardboard fort.

IMG_20110513_165203-1_edit0.jpg

IMG_20110513_165232_edit0.jpg

I believe the rest of that space was occupied by the pass formally known as Phil's.

Damn, how many cubic yards of bubble wrap do you have now?? :0

Judging by knowledge of Wal-Marts packaging, I'd say there wasn't any bubble wrap...

I get supplies from Fisher Scientific into my lab all the time. They can send in a glass jar with a certain chemical in it that is the size of a small jar of Smuckers and it will come in a box that is 24"x24".

I get supplies from Fisher Scientific into my lab all the time. They can send in a glass jar with a certain chemical in it that is the size of a small jar of Smuckers and it will come in a box that is 24"x24".

Do they also send you one box per jar like they do me?

I work in a lab and I've been through that. I spend more time throwing out packing material than looking at samples.

The only company that is better at sending huge boxes is Amazon.

As far as percentage of wasted volume goes, I think the Skullcandy headphones I recently ordered may have that package beat. A package maybe 8"x5"x1" inside a box that had to be at least 12x12x8. Also no packing material.