• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padilla 1932 Signature Lancero

pembroke3355

Banned
This is not really a review. I have heard good things about this cigar. I had a chance to pick up 10 of these for $55 delivered from a online site. I let it sit for a week and lit one up today. This cigar was outstanding. The burn was perfect with a dark grey ash. The flavors just kept changing and changing. I was getting some sweet mocha at points. Hints of chocolate and then deep earthy tones.

It was a nice looking cigar was a nice brown wrapper with a slight reddish hue and a pigtail cap. I have not smoked a ton of lancero's but have had some Pepin and the El Trunifdor. In my opinion this was the best by far. The El Trunifdor was also excellent and may be a better cigar with some age. I enjoyed this smoke so much I just had to order another 10. :thumbs:

These are really good smokes, I also like the 1948 lancero a lot.

The Padilla 1932 Signature is one of my favorite cigars. I usually smoke robustos.

Don were these the new or old blend? I have 5 left of the old blend lanceros and a partial box of the old robustos. Best Pepin blend by far IMO.

Don were these the new or old blend? I have 5 left of the old blend lanceros and a partial box of the old robustos. Best Pepin blend by far IMO.

I am not sure. Is there a way to tell? Any difference in the bands?

A great cigar, fer sure! I also am unaware of a "new" blend. Are you sure you're not thinking of the Padilla Miami line? I thought the Signature line was discontinued after the Pepin/Padilla split unlike the Miami line which was rereleased.

Steve

A great cigar, fer sure! I also am unaware of a "new" blend. Are you sure you're not thinking of the Padilla Miami line? I thought the Signature line was discontinued after the Pepin/Padilla split unlike the Miami line which was rereleased.

Steve

I am somewhat confused. I have the ones that have the Padilla 1932 signature band on them. I am not aware of any older blend and if there was any difference. I have not tried the Miami blend yet. ???

Padilla stopped using Pepin blends sometime last year, iirc. The new blends are supposedly different. I haven't had any of the newly blended Padillas to compare with. But, I DO know the old Pepin blends were the best cigars that man has ever produced. Padilla Miami and 1932 by Pepin...perfection. :love: :love: I recommend hoarding any you can come across (or send them to me :D ).

Derek

*edit to add: Are the new 1932's individually numbered?

Ahhh... the old blend is awesome. I will give the new ones a try sometime soon but for now my lanceros and robos will suffice. There was a special Corona Gorda in this blend made only for CI that seems to be gone now. That was probably really good.

Come on guys, get with the program. :whistling: :sign:

Thanks DeVonn for clearing that up. These are the old blend and I must agree these are some of most tasty cigars I have had. I also got these from CI at a very nice price and will be getting more. :thumbs:
Yeah, I just got done talking with a friend about the new Fernandez '32s. Anyone try one? AJ is helping to blend the whole 19xx shebang with Ernesto Padilla.

Care to chime in Mr. Padilla? ;) great opportunity to plug products and clear up any misconceptions. :D

Steve

Ahhh... the old blend is awesome. I will give the new ones a try sometime soon but for now my lanceros and robos will suffice. There was a special Corona Gorda in this blend made only for CI that seems to be gone now. That was probably really good.

That 1932 corona gorda was excellent.

The Miami Made 1932, in Lancero, is my all time favorite cigar, followed by the original Miami 8 & 11 in any vitola.

It's a damn shame Pepin stopped making these. I asked him to continue, but he didn't listen to me. :(

:D

Thanks DeVonn. :blush: On a side note, when did they stop putting batch numbers on a second band? The few I've got left are individually numbered and "guaranteed authentic"... ?

Derek

I would love to pick up some more of the older 1932 blend and I see them on CI and Cbid. The problem is that I am a little aprehesive on picking them up since I have noticed the many of the pictures used to describe the item are the older bands, especially on C-bid.

There is one auction on C-Bid for a 1932 sampler that has pictures of the older blend bands AND the new band.

Any ideas outside of calling C-bid?

I have tried the new Miami blend is it really fantastic. A little different from the older Pepin blend but still a really great smoke.

I would love to pick up some more of the older 1932 blend and I see them on CI and Cbid. The problem is that I am a little aprehesive on picking them up since I have noticed the many of the pictures used to describe the item are the older bands, especially on C-bid.

There is one auction on C-Bid for a 1932 sampler that has pictures of the older blend bands AND the new band.

Any ideas outside of calling C-bid?

I have tried the new Miami blend is it really fantastic. A little different from the older Pepin blend but still a really great smoke.

The sticks I received were from CI. It is under samplers and "5 pack madness". These have the old bands on them. $25 per 5er and $5 for standard shipping.

Link to Padilla Lancero

My buddy and I found a lost, dusty box of these around the shop today :laugh: Yes they are from when Pepin rolled them!

I may pick up some of these. I love all of the Padilla's I've tried up to this point and really would like to try the 1932. Plus, I've been on a lancero kick lately anyway, so what the heck.

I have smoked the "new" ones, have not had the chance to smoke any of the pepin ones, besides in a different size but going for the lancero. The lancero does not fit the profile of a true lancero, but I seem to enjoy this pigtail'd thing quite allot. You can just pull the pig tail off and smoke. Very tar like cigar, heavy smoke, with allot of chocolate and very rich earthy notes. I find the first half to be much more enjoyable and the second half always to be a let down, if you are really focused on the smoke, if not, you'll find it to decrease in taste, such as the spicy and the aromas, second half is just a plain smoke.

CIMG0121.jpg