• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padilla ETB Limited Lancero

Eqwhipped

Whiskey is the flower of my people.
From Cigar Coop:

Only 400 Padilla ETB Limited Lanceros were produced at El Titan de Bronze factory in Miami.
The Padilla ETB Limited Lancero is a 7 x 40 vitola that is hand-made Cuban style. The cigar is entubado bunched and features both a triple cap and a pig-tail finish. The blend consists of an Ecuadorian Corojo wrapper, a Criollo Jalapa double binder, and a filler of Esteli Ligero and Jalapa Viso.

The cigars also feature a level of personalization. Ernesto Padilla of Padilla Cigars signed each of the secondary bands while the five packs are signed by the who bunched and wrapped the cigars.

Stats:
Wrapper: Corojo Ecuador
Binder: Criollo Jalapa (Double Binder)
Filler: Ligero Esteli, Viso Jalapa

ONTO THE REVIEW!!!

First things first, I would like to thank @Oldmancigar for giving me the opportunity to broaden my palate and experience this cigar.

Pre light aroma is subdued, just a hint of hay and barnyard.

Strait cut just after the pigtail, the prelight draw has just a bit of that raisin/hay flavor is present.

20211213_224714.jpg

I wish the shadow had not cut off the cigar as the wrapper was flawless.

Upon first light I was surprised as to how mild this cigar was, tastes of cedar and some floral notes.

20211213_232229.jpg

First third was mild but complex with light hay, cedar and honey almost no pepper on retro but some more floral nuances.
As I smoked this cigar it changed quite a bit and the complexity was a neat experience.

I was enjoying this cigar enough to forget to take a picture of the 2nd 3rd... But it slowly evolved into a medium smoke bringing some earth mild pepper and leather to my palate. Silky smooth with just a hint of what I would expect from a cigar with ligero filler.

20211214_000536.jpg

The last third of the cigar was somewhat uneventful but the previous flavors were pronounced and solid until the end. I was pleased that it had a consistently cool draw and did not get bitter not even at the nub.

Its not often I get to smoke a piece of what I consider to be cigar history, I am happy to have the chance.

20211214_001855.jpg

Great review.... It looked like a great smoke. I stopped by the El Titan de Bronze factory last spring when I was there and picked up some house blends, they have all been really good.