• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padilla Habano Burberry Perfecto

northernmoris

FFOX Whore
Famous for its trench coat – introduced in 1914 – the venerable firm dates back to 1856 and created its iconic (and trademarked) Burberry Check pattern as a trench-coat lining in 1920. But now a pattern pretty close to the Burberry style is on a cigar!

The “Burberry Perfecto” is a special version of the popular Padilla Habano line made in Nicaragua that’s being manufactured for mega-retailer Cigars International of Bath, Pennsylvania. According to Cigars International president Keith Meier: “This started in our retail store, during a Padilla store event. Our guys asked Ernesto [Padilla] to make something unique to give away during events and something for promotions online from time to time. We got the first shipment recently.”

The normal Padilla Habano line features an all-Nicaraguan blend, with a rich Habano wrapper, offered in three sizes. But the Burberry Perfecto is a wild variation at 5 3/4 inches long by 54 ring gauge shaped like a small Salomon-style cigar, offered only (so far) in packs of five for $35.00. There are actually three different wrappers on the cigar, arranged in a criss-cross pattern to create the astounding Burberry-like effect. Meier reports it burns well, despite the unique construction.

Talk about unusual! It’s a sure conversation starter, but don’t smoke one in a Burberry showroom; it’s not a licensed product, but a nickname for an unbelievable work of the cigar maker’s art.

golfclubs106.jpg

So looking through this thread(url="http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=56062%5b/url"]]Padilla Habano Burberry Perfecto[/url]), I got sucked into trying one as well. I bought it at CI in PA today while on a service call. As previously stated the construction was not great but not bad on mine either. The draw was perfect and the burn was real nice.
The ash was a darkish grey, smoke was plentiful from start to finish, but light.. The first inch I found to be very spicey. After the inch it was gone. Flavor started out ok. After 1.5" every fourth or fifth puff was harsh/bitter. I didn't really care for it, IMO was not worth the $8. The ash held on just over half of the smoke, of course it fell on my lap just I as I was gonna take a pic.

golfclubs103.jpg

golfclubs102.jpg

I tossed it shortly after this pick, too harsh...

I will say on a empty stomach, this had me feeling very buzzed and my 2 hr ride back to NJ not fun....5/10

Thanks for the review !!

So I guess I'm not the only one who snaps pictures of my smokes while driving down NJ's highways. :whistling:

That figures curiosity got the best of me last night and I ordered a 5er ,should have known it wouldnt be as good as it looked...Thanks for the review.

I'm glad I inspired someone to write a review for this cigar. Are you willing to trade one of those?

Thanks for the review !!

So I guess I'm not the only one who snaps pictures of my smokes while driving down NJ's highways. :whistling:

Ahh.. He was only going 70mph whats the harm!!!! :laugh:

Thanks for the review !!

With no left turns how dangerous can it be? :laugh:

Looks like an interesting cigar. I will have to get ahold of some and give them a try.
Thanks for the review!

That cigar sure looks nice but as we have all known that look can be deceiving. I was curious myself about these since seeing them on C-Bids but didn't bid because average bid price for a fiver is like $28+. I think I wait till I hear at least a couple good reviews on this one. I did try one of those barber pole Gurkha/Hansotias things, I think it's called Castle Hall, and it did not do much of an impression on me. It smokes bland and bitter... But the Burbery can be a different story hopefully.